Good to know
- What used to be a line of soccer cleats associated with referees and the older generation has immensely transformed into a modern-looking cleat fit for millennials and oldies alike. The Copa 19 soccer shoes feature a unique yet still iconic silhouette with its leather and laceless combo in the form of Copa 19+ Firm Ground.
- The Adidas Copa 19+ Firm Ground is aesthetically different from its mother line, the Copa Mundial. However, engineers of this soccer cleat claim to have sorted this out by retaining its classic quality through the use of premium Kangaroo leather for its upper. Only this time, the K-leather is silky and stitchless particularly in the forefoot which is molded in X-ray vamp cage. This forefoot design is meant to enhance ball control by decreasing ball slippage.
- The K-leather has also been configured to be 20% more effective when it comes to protecting the shoe from wet elements. It is applied with a leather treatment known as Fusionskin to lessen water absorption to make it even more durable and long-lasting.
- Seamlessly attached to the leather upper is the Primeknit collar that facilitates an adjustable entry to the foot. It has a stretchable and featherlight quality that optimizes the soccer shoe’s comfortability.
- The most distinct feature of this soccer cleat is its Purecut laceless sock design. The sock-like design offers a distraction-free control of the ball. Players do not have to worry about overlays and edges that might get in the way when taking a shot. Although not a typical Copa characteristic, the laceless forefoot assures of the classic touch power similar to the original Copa Mundial.
- For its base, the Adidas Copa 19+ Firm Ground is fitted with the Exoframe plate. Internally, it is composed of TPU Soft Pod inlays that enhances footbed cushioning, lessening the pressure from the studs. Outside is a unique configuration of semi-conical and conical studs that aids in rotational movements.
The Adidas Copa 19+ is available in sizes 7.5 to 12 in men’s version. The leather forefoot and stretchy collar make a good balance of fit that brings a secured feel even without the laces. It fits true to size.
The sock-like structure of this laceless soccer cleats brings one of a kind fit experience for leather lovers. Not only does it improve lockdown with its adaptive leather quality, but it also brings in so much benefit for both amateur and professional soccerers. One of which is its reduced water uptake made possible by the Fusionskin leather treatment.
The conspicuous forefoot pattern is integrated with the brand’s X-ray vamp cage to improve ball control for more accurate shots. The forefoot is attached to an elastic Primeknit collar that provides ease of entry for soccerers even with wide feet. For those who want further assistance when putting the shoe on, a shoehorn is also included.
Semi-conical and conical studs are the stars of this soccer cleat’s soleplate. They provide extra maneuverability during rotational directions. They are strategically positioned to mimic the classic Copa traction proven effective on firm ground pitches.
The Exoframe technology is used on the base to bring supportive grip on firm ground twist and turns. Coupled with soft pod inlays, the Exoframe guarantees comfort without the sensation of the stud pressure.
- Paulo Dybala is the face of Copa and is the only player in their team to wear a laceless soccer shoe.
- It is available in two colorways: Off White/Solar Red/Off White and Core Black/Core Black/Grey.