Adidas Cloudfoam Advantage shoes are available in both men’s and women's sizes. Some colorways are shared between the men’s and women’s versions while some are exclusively for each. This should pose no problem for the buyer who would like a colorway available only for the opposite gender provided that he/she remembers the 1.5 size difference between the two versions.
Flat laces and a seven-eyelet lacing system secure the sneakers to the feet. The shoes do have a tendency to slide off, so laces need to be very securely tied to prevent this from happening.
Adidas Cloudfoam Advantage sneakers have a clean and streamlined design that looks just as at home on the court as they do on the street. The classic look is easy to dress up or down and match with most outfits. The shoes can be worn with jeans, shorts, and khaki pants. They can be topped with anything from a simple tee to a crisp white button-up shirt.
Some specific style guides below:
- Adidas Cloudfoam Advantage in a black colorway (core black/cloud white/cloud white) would be perfectly matched with black performance pants, a grey slogan tee, and a black windbreaker.
- Warm days call for something less sporty such as khaki pants, a brown polo shirt, and white Adidas Cloudfoam Advantage sneakers in men's sizing.
- Adidas Advantage Cloudfoam shoes in women's measurements in the white/gold colorway would look good with ripped blue jeans, a striped tee, and a pretty cardigan in a camel shade.
- Distressed denim shorts and a pink sleeveless ribbed shirt would be the perfect clothing complement to Adidas Neo women's Cloudfoam Advantage fashion sneakers in the white/rosegold colorway.
Cloudfoam Advantage sneakers contain Cloudfoam wedged midsoles that provide users with excellent cushioning for all-day comfort, so you can party or travel as much as you want without worrying about your feet. Sockliners made of Cloudfoam Memory foam adapts to the feet to give superior comfort.
As a bonus, the shoes are also quite eye-catching with their classically simple and retro design. The interesting colorways feature either matte or iridescent Three Stripes.
The Cloudfoam technology first appeared in 2016 with the launch of the Adidas NEO Cloudfoam shoes. Adidas enlisted the help of Youtube stars Marcus Butler and Amanda Steele in its campaign that used the tagline, ”Step In” to encourage people to engage in whatever activity they were passionate about. The shoes were released under Adidas’ NEO collection (debuted in the year 2012), which was geared towards younger consumers aged 14-19.
The NEO Cloudfoam sneakers were lightweight and were surprisingly very comfortable since the Cloudfoam was designed to keep people going all day.
The Cloudfoam comes from a newly-developed EVA compound, which is placed in the midsoles in the form of a heel pad for outstanding underfoot cushioning. The tech is supposed to add internal support for the heels and arches of the user, providing all the support you need for the areas that need it without having to resort to custom inserts.
Due to the good reception and popularity of the said cushioning tech, the brand promptly applied it to many of its training, basketball, and running-inspired shoes.
Cloudfoam Advantage Sneakers by Adidas
Adidas Cloudfoam Advantage sneakers are a 70s silhouette that Adidas fans are familiar with. The brand took the retro design, which is kind of reminiscent of the Adidas Stan Smiths, and incorporated the Cloudfoam tech into the shoes’ makeup to give them an even more comfortable and modern touch.
The shoes were released under the NEO collection, which the brand later renamed as Sport-Inspired.
- Cloudfoam Advantage sneakers by Adidas feature woven tongue labels, embossed heel logos, rubber cupsole outsoles, and textile linings.
- Adidas Cloudfoam Advantage sneakers have a few iterations which include the Cloudfoam Advantage Clean (the Three Stripes are formed by perf details instead of overlays) and the Cloudfoam Advantage Adapt (Shoes are made of knit uppers and feature a bootie construction).