Good to know
- The World Hiker Mid is a relaunch that's imbued with Timberland’s current technologies to help adventurers tackle unpredictable outdoor obstacles. Its upper is made of premium leather and mesh fabric to balance comfort and durability.
- This footgear is equipped with the proprietary SensorFlex comfort system. It consists of three layers - a footbed, a midsole unit, and a rubber outsole. As a result, this technology delivers ample support, cushioning, and traction on challenging ground conditions.
Timberland’s World Hiker Mid is a relatively true-to-size hiking boot for male hikers. A secure and personalized lockdown is achieved via its traditional lace closure system.
Timberland fitted the men's World Hiker Mid with a rubber outsole to render traction on virtually all types of terrain. Its lug pattern delivers multi-directional grip on a range of surfaces. It has flex grooves at strategic points for walking comfort.
This hiking footgear from Timberland features an EVA midsole. It’s a shock-absorbing unit that helps the user tackle challenging trails with ease and comfort. It is paired with an EVA footbed that gives arch support and underfoot comfort.
The Timberland World Hiker Mid is a hiking boot that uses an upper made of leather (the premium type) for amplified resistance to abrasion and the elements. It is combined with mesh fabric to create a comfortable in-shoe environment for the user. In addition, the footgear’s collar contains perforations to improve airflow.
Its closure system employs several metal eyelets and hooks for fit management. Its gusseted tongue is designed to hinder debris from entering the boot. Also, the padded collar promotes comfort.
- The brand recommends using a leather cleaning product and a nylon brush for the World Hiker Mid’s upper. These two items help erase stains and eliminate dried dirt from the footgear.
- After cleaning this Timberland product, the company suggests applying a leather conditioning product on the World Hiker Mid. This item helps restore the upper’s water repellency and preserves its quality.
- Place the newly-cleaned pair in an airy spot to dry. Do not leave the boots near a direct source of heat as it may damage them.
Adventurers who need a hiking boot for demanding day hikers may want to check the World Hiker Mid and Moab 2 Ventilator Mid from Merrell. These mid-top offerings come with various technologies that deliver performance and comfort for single-day trips. Shown below are some of the major differences that set these two products apart.
Upper. The Timberland World Hiker Mid uses an upper made of premium leather, a material known for its resistance to abrasion and the elements. Meanwhile, the Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator Mid’s suede leather upper contains mesh panels. This upper configuration is geared towards optimal ventilation. It also features a bellows tongue and a rubber toe cap. The former prevents debris from entering the gear while the latter grants protection from accidental bumps. These components make the Moab 2 Ventilator Mid more protective, durable, and breathable for warm hikes.
Midsole. Timberland furnished the World Hiker Mid’s EVA midsole with a patented Air Cushion in the heel area to deliver a cushioned ride while reducing impact from rough terrain. It is paired with an M.Select Fit Eco+ footbed, which grants arch support and underfoot comfort. These components grant optimal support and cushioning than the Timberland World Hiker Mid, which comes with a midsole and footbed made of EVA foam.
Fit. The Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator Mid caters to male and female hikers. This outdoor piece of gear comes in both standard and wide width versions. On the other hand, the Timberland World Hiker Mid is only available to men in standard width.
Weight. Merrell’s Moab 2 Ventilator for men weighs 482g while its women’s variant has a weight of 422g. The men’s Timberland World Hiker Mid is heavier with a weight of 771g.