Who should buy the The North Face Ultra 109 GTX
- An excellent choice for ultra-runners (who have over-pronated foot motion) who want to conquer more trails and long distances.
- A solid choice for anyone who are into off-road adventures who need a shoe that will keep their feet dry and warm wet conditions.
Updates to the The North Face Ultra 109 GTX
- Features GORE-TEX technology for delivering an optimal combination of performance and comfort.
- UltrATACTM rubber outsole is very resistant to abrasion and also being highly durable, exhibits excellent performance throughout the lifecycle of the shoe.
- Uses the notable Gore-Tex membrane that makes the shoe waterproof.
- Compression-molded EVA midsole results in the most durable, springy and comfortable form of cushioning for the user.
- PU-coated leather upper delivers high protection, enhanced flexibility and maximum comfortability.
Maximum traction and grip on trail surfaces
The shoe utilizes the UltrATAC rubber on its outsole for maximum traction and resistance to abrasion. The material is durable, so it enables the shoe to withstand harsh trail conditions and perform well for a long period of time.
The lug patterns of the outsole aim to provide runners with the reliable grip needed on varied trail surfaces. The lugs are aggressive enough to survive uphill and downhill runs.
Deliver consistent cushioning and ‘bouncy’ feel
In its midsole, the North Face Ultra 109 GTX utilizes the compression-molded EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) midsole. The material provides the ‘bouncy’ feel to the user while running and enhances comfort underfoot.
The midsole foam aims to deliver consistent cushioning for the entire duration of the running activity. The ESS midfoot shank provides stiffness in the middle portion of the shoe under the arch to make the shoe more resistant to torsion.
Ultra 109 GTX is lightweight and flexible
The TPU Snake Plate provides additional protection underfoot and reduces the risk of injury for the runner from aberrations. This TPU plate is lightweight and remains to be flexible.
The North Face Ultra 109 GTX features the PU-coated (polyurethane-coated) leather on its upper for maximum protection and longer lifespan of the shoe. This GTX running shoe offers an effective shield to keep the foot dry throughout the run.
The North Face Ultra 109 GTX is breathable and waterproof
The shoe houses the GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Range, a highly breathable waterproof membrane, for enhanced protection against moisture and keeping the user’s feet comfortably dry and cool while out on the trails.
The protective TPU toe cap results in the additional protection against the impact forces, keeping the foot free from injury. It also adds to the durability of the shoe.
The lace-up closure helps in maintaining a snug fit for the user throughout the running session.