Who should buy the Hedgehog Futurelight
With its underfoot construction more akin to hiking boots, the Hedgehog Futurelight caters to hikers who go the extra mile. Outside such folks, this shoe from The North Face is also for:
- Trail-goers who need something impermeable but not necessarily lined with a waterproof membrane.
- Wearers whose heels and arches require a bit more support.
- Hikers who encounter soft-soiled surfaces and not-so steep slopes along the way.
- Outdoorsy peeps who require extra stability, particularly around the rearfoot.
- Adventurers who prefer shoes whose colorways do not stick out like a sore thumb in the pub.
Alternatives to The North Face’s Hedgehog Futurelight
Columbia Facet 30 Outdry
For speedy hikes, whether on or off the trail, the Facet 30 Outdry is truly capable. The shoe will up your momentum with its firm-yet-responsive midsole, while its ballistic mesh upper shields your tootsies from sudden splashes through shallow creeks and streams.
Timberland Euro Hiker Waterproof
With its urban design and moderately aggressive outsole, the Euro Hiker Waterproof has versatility written on its proverbial face. Engineered with a waterproof liner and gusseted tongue, this Timberland piece offers protection against wet elements in deeper waters and heavier rains.