Who should buy the Teva Winsted
This comfortable and stylish hiking sandal from Teva is an excellent choice for trail walking in the summer. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking sandal that offers reliable arch support.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that promises durability and traction.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that controls odor-causing bacteria.
Teva Winsted notable features
- The Teva Winsted has an upper made of synthetic materials, a contoured EVA footbed that offers reliable arch support, and the Rugged Durabrasion rubber outsole that promises durability and traction.
- It features the Microban - a zinc-based antimicrobial technology that helps control odor-causing bacteria.
Size and fit
This hiking sandal from Teva features a classic Universal-inspired strap design which is basically a Velcro-strapped type that securely holds the foot in place for surefooted steps all the way through. It features a fixed ankle strap and adjustable velcro ankle and toe straps linked together by a single outside strap. Such an intuitive Velcro strapping system makes it easy to dial in the fit according to the wearer's comfort level.
Prevents the wearer from slipping
The shoe outsole is made of durable rubber which works on wet and dry surfaces. There are two deep indentations going all the way from the top to the bottom of the sole which helps channel out water, preventing the wearer from slipping.
Ideal for hard and rocky terrain
This feature makes the Winsted sandals great for going to the beach or hiking near and around the water. The lugs of this footwear are quite shallow, which are ideal for hard and rocky terrain.
For lightweight support and cushioning, this hiking sandal from Teva uses a contoured EVA footbed. It has a slightly cupped shape to keep the foot in place regardless of movements.
There are also some very shallow indentations or patterns that enhance the friction between the footbed and the underfoot for surefooted steps.
Very durable and dries quickly
The shoe upper consists of water-ready polyester webbing that is very durable and dries quickly after getting wet. This material is commonly used in manufacturing outdoor footwear in apparel because of its unbelievable strength.
Easy to wear
It isn't the softest strapping material but it is comfortable enough not to cause blistering especially when the correct size and fit of the sandal are achieved. Completing the upper is a hook-and-loop closure for easy on and off and on-the-go adjustment.
Available in different colorways
This Teva sandal is available in different colorways.
Nice to know
- Teva is among the leading companies that manufacture top-quality hiking sandals. This brand has been very popular with its launch of the Teva Universal. Since then, they have successfully launched many other models to cater to the various needs of hikers and outdoor lovers. They have sandals that are ideal for water hiking, such as the Winsted, as well as sandals perfect for city walking, traveling, or light hiking.