WidthMen: Narrow, NormalWomen: Normal, Wide
Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
83 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
The Verra didn't top our charts, but its a solid option if you are looking for a model that does most things well.
The sandal would be a good choice for moderate to light hiking and mud conditions.
When I put them on that first day out of my wet snowboard boots and walked around, it was literally like someone was massaging my feet.
- One of the many innovative technologies of Teva is the Spider Rubber. This material has been undergoing development for the past decades.
- The contoured EVA foam plus the antimicrobial technology makes up the midsole of the Verra. The EVA foam conforms to the contours of the wearer’s foot. The odor-control treatment from Microban maintains the cleanliness and freshness of the product. The heel area is backed up with Shoc Pad that adds cushioning and provides energy return on every stride.
- As an open-toe sandal, the Teva Verra offers ventilation and freedom to its users. The polyester webbing allows it to dry quickly. The hook-and-loop system aids the wearers in getting the right fit.
Teva Verra is a ladies’ sandal that fits true to size. Size ranges from a full 5 to 11 with half sizes until 9.5. It uses Velcro straps with hook-and-loop closures for easier, custom adjustment.
American footwear brand Teva developed a non-marking rubber that is designed to perform in harshest conditions for the Verra. Named as the Spider Rubber, it is designed to grip on wet and dry surfaces. Its designers focused on finding the perfect balance between stickiness and durability. It aims to give the optimum grip even on the most challenging terrains.
Teva Verra uses a contoured EVA footbed. EVA (Ethylene-vinyl acetate) is technically a soft plastic that undergoes a foaming or “blowing” process to make it suitable for a midsole. During the foaming process, air bubbles are introduced into the plastic and mixed with a blowing agent. The agent is heated and turns into a gas that is trapped inside the plastic. Tiny bubbles are created converting the plastic into a foam. The resulting foam provides support and comfort.
Microban’s zinc-based antimicrobial treatment is built into the midsole during the manufacturing process. It inhibits bacterial growth which can cause deterioration, odors and stains. This additive does not wash or wear off and is designed to provide lasting antimicrobial protection during the sandal’s lifetime.
The heel cup is reinforced with Shoc Pad technology for a smoother ride. It is mainly a blended PU/EVA cushioning that dissipates the energy from impacts throughout the footbed and away from the heel. The energy return acts as spring on toe-offs.
The midsole uses a nylon shank for stability. This type of shank is lightweight and supportive. It allows the natural movement of the foot and helps reduce fatigue.
The upper of the Verra consists of 29% synthetic and 71% textile. This water-ready composition allows it to dry quickly after getting wet. It also makes the sandal durable.
This open-toe hiking sandal has hook-and-loop closure system that allows for easy adjustment. It uses the adjustable Velcro straps across the toes and ankles to give users a secure fit. It also has a pull tab on the heel for easy on and off.
- Teva recommends washing the sandal every two to four weeks, depending on use. It is advised to use an antimicrobial soap and warm water while hand washing the sandals. In removing dirt from the grooves on the top soles and outsoles, using a soft bristled brush to scrub away debris is recommended. Bending the sandals to open up the grooves is okay to allow water to clean deeper.
- Footwear treated with Microban zinc (an antimicrobial agent) is most efficient when exposed to sunlight. 15-minute exposure is enough as prolonged exposure can damage the product.
- In cases where odor persists after washing, the following methods can be used:
- Mixing one cup of any antibacterial mouthwash with two cups of water. Soak it in the solution for 15 minutes. Scrub with a soft bristled brush and air dry.
- Submerging the sandals in a chlorinated pool or tub for 15 to 20 minutes. Gently scrub and rinse with clean water. Air dry.
- Using a sealed plastic bag, place the clean and dry sandals in a freezer. Allow freezing overnight.
Apply a layer of baking soda on the footbed and allow sitting for 8 to 24 hours. Placing it in a plastic bag strengthens the neutralizing effect of the baking soda.