Who should buy the Teva Verra
Teva Verra sandals are designed specifically for women to provide great performance and comfort. Consider getting them if you want:
- comfortable footwear great for a casual outdoor day and good enough for light hiking
- feminine but sturdy sandals
- shoes that do not contain components of animal origin (100% vegan)
Teva’s premium outsole
American footwear brand Teva developed a non-marking rubber that is designed to perform in the harshest conditions for the Verra. Named the Spider Rubber, it is designed to grip on wet and dry surfaces.
Its designers focused on finding the perfect balance between stickiness and durability. It aims to give the optimum grip even on the most challenging terrains.
Teva Verra uses a contoured EVA footbed. EVA (Ethylene-vinyl acetate) is technically a soft plastic that undergoes foaming or “blowing” process to make it suitable for a midsole. The resulting foam provides support and comfort.
Special antimicrobial protection
Microban’s zinc-based antimicrobial treatment is built into the midsole during the manufacturing process. It inhibits bacterial growth which can cause deterioration, odors, and stains. This additive does not wash or wear off and is designed to provide lasting antimicrobial protection during the sandal’s lifetime.
Additional cushioning in the Teva Verra
The heel cup is reinforced with Shoc Pad technology for a smoother ride. It is mainly a blended PU/EVA cushioning that dissipates the energy from impacts throughout the footbed and away from the heel. The energy return acts as a spring on toe-offs.
Lightweight yet stable midsole
The midsole uses a nylon shank for stability. This type of shank is lightweight and supportive. It allows the natural movement of the foot and helps reduce fatigue.
Teva’s secure fit
This open-toe hiking sandal has a hook-and-loop closure system that allows for easy adjustment. It uses adjustable Velcro straps across the toes and ankles to give users a secure fit. It also has a pull tab on the heel for easy on and off.
- Recommended hand washing the sandal every two to four weeks with an antimicrobial soap and warm water.
- To remove dirt from the grooves on the top soles and outsoles use a soft-bristled brush.
- Footwear treated with Microban zinc is most efficient when exposed to sunlight. 15-minute exposure is enough as prolonged exposure can damage the product.