Who should buy the Teva Universal Trail
The Teva Universal Trail is styled for the city but tough enough to tackle the trails. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking sandal that can keep the foot secured and offers quick-drying features
- Prefer a hiking sandal that sticks nicely on dry and wet surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that offers comfortable cushioning and underfoot support.
Updates to :name
- A more modern version of the Teva Original Universal, the Teva Universal Trail features breathable webbing uppers made from Unifi REPREVE recycled polyester. It comes with a classic strapping system that keeps the foot securely attached to the footbed and a quick-drying lining that feels soft to the skin.
- Ready for the trail, the Teva Universal is equipped with the Vibram Megagrip outsole that sticks nicely to dry and wet surfaces, and a contoured EVA midsole that offers to cushion and support for the arches.
Size and fit
The men's and women's Teva Universal Trail sandals feature an open-toe construction and a universal strapping system with 4 anchored points of connectivity. The easy hook-and-loop closures make it easy to wear the sandals and take them off. Additionally, the cushiony footbed is contoured to the shape of the foot, promoting a comfortable fit. It also has a grippy texture that works to keep the foot locked into the sandal without being restrictive.
Improved surface traction by Vibram Megagrip
Designed for adventures on and off the trail, this sandal features the Vibram Megagrip outsole with triangular lugs on the center part for improved traction on wet and dry surfaces. There are horizontal grooves (lines) in the heel and toe area that work well in traversing uneven ground and rocky paths.
Lightweight yet cushy midsole made possible by EVA foam
To keep this sandal as lightweight as it can be, Teva uses EVA for its midsole. This type of foam is very lightweight yet cushy. It also does well in absorbing impact and reducing the pressure on the feet so you can walk comfortably and without getting tired easily. The footbed is contoured so it cups the foot securely.
Eco-friendly and durable
The Teva Universal Trail sandals have uppers made of REPREVE recycled polyester webbing. Aside from being eco-friendly, this material is also very durable, thanks to the complex loom process that it undergoes.
Easy to adjust the fit
This sandal comes with a fixed ankle strap, along with adjustable Velcro ankle and toe straps connected by a single fixed outside Velcro strap. Such an intuitive design makes adjusting the fit easy. Unlike the classic Teva sandals, the Universal Trail has a soft lining underneath the webbing straps so it feels soft to the skin and won't cause bruising.