WeightMen: 15ozWomen: 11oz
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
- The Teva Terra Fi 5 Sport is a vegan-friendly sandal loaded with features that grant comfort and versatility for water hiking excursions. From a universal three-point strap system used by its predecessor, the Terra Fi 4, this version now comes with a zigzag strap pattern to secure the user’s foot without compromising mobility.
- Teva streamlined the Terra Fi 5 Sport’s polyurethane (PU) midsole by equipping it with an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) footbed for cushioning and comfort. The brand updated the sandal’s Spider outsole with a Durabrasion rubber compound to render surefootedness on wet and dry surfaces.
This open-toe hiking sandal from Teva runs relatively true to size. Versions for men and women are available only in standard width. It is offered in whole sizes. Moreover, the footgear’s hook and loop closure system grants a secure and personalized lockdown to the wearer.
The Terra Fi 5 Sport’s grip is provided by the sandal’s rubber outsole. It’s made of two rubber compounds: Durabrasion and Spider. The former offers durability while the latter is a non-marking rubber material which yields traction on slippery terrain. It uses a pattern of quadrilateral lugs to help the user stay steady on top of rugged ground conditions. The blocky lugs along the sides are for ground stability.
Granting users with a stable and cushioned ride is the Teva Terra Fi 5 Sport’s midsole. It is made of PU foam, a material known for its resiliency to wear. Therefore, withstand hikes with heavy packs.
The Teva Terra Fi 5 features an open-toe polyester webbing straps that dry quickly after being exposed to water. They are also engineered to withstand abuse and give ample support to the wearer’s foot. At key points, EVA foam parts are added to deliver cushioning. The sandal’s closure system uses several velcro straps, hook and loop fasteners for fit management.
- Buyers who want a balance between mobility and protection may consider a pair of waterproof shoes for hiking adventures. A few options available for outdoor lovers are the Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX and Adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX.
- Those in need of more ankle coverage and support can opt for hiking cleats, such as the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof.
These two open-toe sandals from Teva are designed for outdoor enthusiasts who value mobility and comfort. The Terra Fi Lite’s upper uses a universal three-point system consisting of polyester straps. The Terra Fi 5 Sport also employs the same material because of its durability and ability to dry quickly. They also come with a hook and loop closure system to achieve a customized fit.
The Teva Terra Fi Lite features a compression-molded EVA midsole and a nylon shank to supply the wearer with cushioning and stability. Its contoured EVA footbed works with Shoc Pad unit in the heel. This component is made of PU and EVA foam to reduce impact in the heel area, This section is also treated with Microban technology, a zinc-based feature that prevents odor-causing microbes from multiplying. On the other hand, the Teva Terra Fi 5 Sport wields a PU midsole and a cushioned and supportive ride.
Teva equipped the Terra Fi Lite with a non-marking Spider outsole for traction on wet and dry terrain. Its profile is filled with arrowhead-shaped lugs which yield grip on challenging ground conditions. On the other hand, the Teva Terra Fi 5 Sport’s Spider outsole contains Durabrasion rubber that delivers durability without adding weight to the sandal.
Both of these Teva offerings are available for male and female hikers in medium width. The Terra Fi Lite is offered in whole and half sizes while the Terra Fi 5 Sport only comes in full sizes.
- Teva recommends hand washing the Terra Fi 5 Sport to preserve its quality.
- Using a soft-bristled brush, gently scrub traces of dirt and debris on the sandal.
- The footgear can be bent to open the grooves up for cleaning.
- Get one cup of an antibacterial mouthwash solution and mix it with two cups of water. Soak the Teva Terra Fi 5 Sport with this mixture for 15 minutes. Scrub it with a brush after.
- Place this footgear in a well-ventilated spot to dry after cleaning it.
- The brand suggests cleaning this product every two to four weeks, depending on its use.