Who should buy the Teva Sanborn Sandal
The Teva Sanborn Sandal is a great-looking sandal designed for women. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer hiking sandals that have a different design that's more chic and appealing for women.
- Prefer hiking sandals that provide lightweight cushioning and support.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that provides an excellent grip and traction.
Updates to :name
- Made with the same quality materials used in the Sanborn Universal, the Sanborn Sandal features an entirely different design that's more chic and appealing for women. It uses 100% recycled plastic for the upper, a lightweight EVA midsole for cushioning and support, and a durable rubber outsole for grip and traction.
- This vegan footwear makes use of the Unifi recycled polyester that stands to abuse while keeping plastic waste out of landfills.
Size and fit
The Teva Sanborn is an open-toed sandal with overlapping straps covering the midfoot. The hook-and-loop closure makes it easy to slip in your foot or take it off from the sandal. There's also a pull loop at the back of the ankle strap for the convenience of wearing it.
Teva Sanborn Sandal can be worn in wet and dry conditions
Equipped with a durable rubber outsole, this sandal can be worn in wet and dry conditions. It has a shallow lug profile that works well on hard surfaces, including concrete roads, hard-packed dirt, and rocks.
Enhanced grip and traction
The lugs are triangular in shape, facing different directions for enhanced grip and traction. Since the lug depth is pretty shallow, it may not be ideal for traversing trails with deep mud and loose dirt.
Offers awesome cushioning and shock absorption
Like most Teva sandals, the Sanborn has a midsole made of EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate). It's a special type of foam consisting of thousands of tiny bubbles joined together to hold air. EVA midsoles offer cushioning and shock absorption.
Lightweight and supportive cushioning
What's more - they are very lightweight which makes them ideal for hiking sandals where weight is a factor. The EVA footbed is contoured so it provides supportive cushioning.
The Teva Sanborn Sandal is made from recycled plastics
The Teva Sanborn has an upper made from recycled plastic called REPREVE. It's a polyester yarn manufactured by Unifi. This material is created using plastic bottles that would otherwise end up in landfills. The straps have some stretch to them to fit the foot snugly.
Easy to adjust lacing system
Completing the upper is a hook-and-loop closure that uses a Velcro strap for easy adjustment of the fit. This vegan footwear also contains synthetic and plant-based materials.
Nice to know
- Teva is a well-known brand for hiking sandals. They've been making sandals since the 1980s.
- The iconic sandals of Teva are designed and built with sustainability in mind. It's the brand's goal to reduce its environmental footprint while delivering quality footwear products.