Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- This hiking sandal from Teva uses an EVA foam as its footbed. It gives cushioning and comfort to users. The polyester webbing upper of this lightweight footgear is abrasion resistant and able to withstand extreme temperatures.
- The triangular tread pattern of the Original Sandal's outsole provides traction on surfaces. The thong strap and hook-and-loop adjustable ankle straps deliver a precise fit.
The Teva Original Sandals are offered to women. Its fit is only adjustable through the ankle strap.
With Teva’s patented Durabrasion outsole, the Original Sandal renders lightweight durability to its users. The triangular and evenly spaced treads are able to provide traction on surfaces, thus reducing chances of slips and falls. The outsole also offers a good amount of flexibility.
The Original Sandal has an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam for a footbed. Providing both rebound and cushioning, this material is known to be resistant to abrasion. Furthermore, EVA is lightweight and shock absorbent and when used in footwear. It also serves as the foot's protection against hard and sharp objects on the trail.
The Teva Original Sandal has a polyester webbing upper. This water-friendly material can frequently be submerged in water without the user having to worry about it getting damaged. It is abrasion resistant, has a soft feel to it and can hold out to extreme temperatures.
This multi-sport sandal is an open-toe piece that has a thong strap in the toes and an adjustable ankle strap. The ankle strap has an extra piece of ring and a hook-and-loop fastener. This allows the users to wear the sandals as a slide.
- The Original Sandal can be worn as a slide by using the rubber ring on the ankle strap. Unstrap the back and flip it backward to the right. Loop it through the rubber and attach it to the extra piece of Velcro, so the ankle strap does not go around the ankle.
- Depending on the frequency of use, Teva recommends cleaning the sandals every two to four weeks. It is advised to use an antimicrobial soap with warm water while gently scrubbing it with a soft bristled brush to remove debris. The pair is not machine washable, too. For a deeper clean, bend the sandal to open the grooves.
- In case the odor is persistent, Teva recommends the following:
- Using any antimicrobial mouthwash, mix one cup of it with two cups of water and soak the sandals for 15 minutes. Scrub it with a soft bristled brush and let it air dry.
- In a hot tub or chlorinated pool, immerse the sandals for 15 to 20 minutes then scrub. Rinse with clean water and air dry.
- Allow the pair to freeze overnight by sealing the clean and dry pair in a sealed plastic bag.
- Allow the sandals to sit for 8 to 24 hours after sprinkling a layer of baking soda on the footbed. After coating it with baking soda, the odor-neutralizing effect can be strengthened by tying it in a plastic bag.