Who should buy the Teva Original Sandal
A hybrid of sorts, the Teva Original Sandal is designed to tough it out there without compromising mobility. It should be worth your dollar if:
- You're looking for a flip-flop that won't let go, especially in the water.
- Super-cheap hiking sandals are what you're after ($50 is the Original Sandal's MSRP).
- You need a sandal with slipper-like comfort but with a long-lasting construction underfoot.
- You prefer sandals that can prevent forefoot slippage. This kick has a sturdy toe post (a.k.a. thong), after all.
Who should not buy it
While the Original Sandal is beyond satisfactory for adventures on groomed trails, it might not be the ideal hiker for trickier terrain (think soft-soiled or muddy inclines). On such hikes, sport the Teva Hurricane XLT2 instead. Also, you're better off wearing the closed-toe Omnium 2 if you are prone to knocks and bumps.
Super-comfy hikes in the Teva Original Sandal
Scores of hikers find the Original Sandal incredibly comfortable. They adore its richly inviting footbed the most in this regard.
Exciting both on and off the trail
Adventurers in droves applaud the sandal's versatility. They say that this humbly stylish kick is a delight to wear from casual strolls to light hikes, whether in and around water.
Astonishing in both weight and price
At no more than 150 g per piece and with an MSRP of $50, the Teva Original Sandal is hard not to love!
The Original Universal's enduring outsole
Many adventurers swear by the sandal's unyielding rubber outsole. They say that it also supplies generous amounts of grip, whether on wet rock or dusty tracks.
Those with stout ankles beware
The Original Sandal's ankle strap is too short, according to multiple sources.
Original Sandal: A real-life transformer
This Teva hiker can be worn as a slip-on. Here's how to do it:
- Undo the ankle strap and flip it back to the right.
- Loop it through the rubber and attach it to the extra piece of Velcro so that the ankle strap does not go around the ankle.
- Press the strap gently to secure the setup further.