Teva Mid Universal
Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
35% say it's too small, 65% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Is the Mid Universal for you?
Unlike most sandals (particularly those from Chaco), the Teva Mid Universal sets itself apart from the usual crowd with its resplendent supply of cushioning underfoot. That being said, it has nuances that can either woo you in or send you away. The points that follow are what we mean:
This plush hiker is for you if:
- Getting soaked is an integral part of your daily adventures.
- Your arches need additional support.
- The terrain you often negotiate is mostly level.
- You like hiking sandals that can easily flush out sand and debris from underfoot.
- Spending less than $80 for a pair of sandals is a big yes for you.
But perhaps not if:
- You are prone to slippage, especially your toes during descents.
- The trails you take on are stony or muddy.
Teva Mid Universal: A sustainable force of nature
Going green is fast becoming common in hiking footwear, and the Mid Universal from Teva is a prime example of this. To give you a better idea, take a look at the following:
- Its quick-drying webbing upper is made from at least five recycled plastic bottles.
- Recycled plastic is also used in the Mid Universal’s adjustable straps.
- This product is part of the brand’s TevaForever program, which recycles old and beaten Teva sandals and turns them into new and exciting things! Participating in this program is completely free of charge.