Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Most users vouched for this pair’s perfect fit and comfortable ride. The Supra Vaider has a padded collar and tongue for superb comfort and support while on board that’s boosted with a high-top ankle support. The lace-up fastening system that’s reinforced by metal eyelets provides a tailored snug fit.
The high-top Supra Vaider skateboarding shoes display more of a casual, streetwear look. These kicks are dressed with premium upper materials that rest atop the ultra soft midsoles and grippy outsoles. These shoes come in an array of relatively straightforward designs making them flexible accessories to a bunch of daily outfits.
Some users style their Supra Vaider skate shoes with regular jeans, joggers, or even with shorts. Some lace them all the way up to the ankle while many opt to lace them down the forefoot so that tongue stays loose for a more laid-back look and feel. To finish the entire look, many don the Vaider sneakers with oversized hoodies or baggy t-shirts and checkered polos for an authentic Thrashers' style.
Among the well sought after colorways are the Supra Vaider Black/ Off White-Black and Black & Gum, Supra Vaider Olive/ Golden/ White, Supra Vaider Grey, Supra Vaider Purple Nylon/ Pink Floral, Supra Vaider Burgundy/White, and Supra Vaider Midnight Blue.
Most buyers took notice of the intricate details found on the heel and ankle of the Supra Vaider. It has stitched, outlined overlays to provide style and reinforcement on the ankle. This shoe also has the unique sliding metal logo found on the tongue that is noteworthy for many buyers.
In 2006, Supra Footwear was launched in California by Angel Cabada in partnership with various professional skateboarders such as Jim Greco, Chad Muska, Erik Ellington, Tom Penny, and Dennis Martin.
With the brand's most exceptional quality of products and tacky designs, Supra was seen worn by various well-celebrated singers like Justin Timberlake, McCoy, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, and Jay-Z. The brand established their flagship stores in Paris, Mexico, New York, Santa Monica, and Tokyo in 2014.
To fully widen their market, Supra started offering products for the women and kids too as well as apparels and accessories for the skateboarders. And in 2015, the American athletic company called K-Swiss acquired Supra.
The Supra Raider was one of the first models launched by the brand. It was tagged as the first model under Supra that bridged the gap between athletic skateboarding shoe to casual street style footwear. Supra launched the vulcanized version of the Raider giving rise to the Vaider.
Popular Designs of the Supra Vaider
Since the drop of the first Supra Vaider profile, this sneaker has been a subject of remodeling in the subsequent years. One of the common denominators seen on the popular Supra Vaider designs is having a perforated upper with accents on the heel for the added style. This silhouette has an excellently padded tongue and collar for superb support during the board tricks. The vulcanized outsole, meanwhile, delivers excellent low-to-the-ground feel and flexibility which are helpful while on the board.
Below are some of the popular arrangements made out of the same Supra Vaider silhouette.
Supra Vaider Red Carpet Edition in TUF Black Satin
The TUF technology which was developed by Supra consists of a heavy duty material that can withstand the abrasiveness of skateboarding and extreme activities. In 2010, this strong feature was seen on the four classic skate models by Supra, namely the Skytop, Society, Thunder, and Vaider.
The TUF Black Satin was the colorway and material addressed to the Vaider which is water resistant and almost five times tougher than regular suede material. As part of the Red Carpet Pack, the outsole of such iteration was done in red.
- The TUF leather upper can outlast the rubber outsole
- Its enhanced heel protection is fashioned into comfortable high memory polyurethane insole
- Has a full-length SupraFoam midsole for foot impact resistance
- Considered to have an optimal board feel and shoe flex
Supra Vaider “Tennis Ball”
In the Spring of 2010, the Supra Vaider high-top skate shoe was garbed with a head-turning neon green exterior with hits of black which resembles the fuzzy, extra duty Penn ball used in tennis. This Supra Vaider “Tennis Ball” sneaker made use of a textured TUF component, devised to outlast series of wear and tear.
- Has an abrasion-resistant upper with a tough-as-nails feature for extreme skate activities
- Perforated patterns that promote breathability
- Black patent leather accents and overlays for added style
- Padded tongue for extra comfort
Supra x CCS Vaider “Cool Grey”
Supra Vaider was again the subject of another exclusive skate shoe release, which was produced from the tie-up between the California-based skate shoe brand and skateboard supplier CCS. This sneaker, released on November 26, 2010, sported a tonal grey cover consisting of a fine-looking mix of canvas, nubuck, premium patent leather, and neoprene. This style is tweaked a bit as it eliminated the signature toe bumper seen in previous iterations. The enamel crown applique typically found on the rear side is replaced by a clean, embroidered shape.
- Premium materials make it aesthetically pleasing
- Canvas eye-rows reinforce the side panels
- Vulcanized skate high top offers excellent board contact and control
- Padded tongue, collar, and lining grant extra foot protection
Supra Vaider “NYC”
Supra Vaider got a runway-ready form when the brand tweaked the famous high-top skate sneaker into a trendy New York City mid-top edition that’s fitted for the concrete jungle. Labeled as the Supra Vaider NYC, this kick is reflective of the sprawling steel skyline of Manhattan, asphalt grey alleys, and the yellow taxicabs that peppered the busy streets of New York. The shoe is outfitted with a dark grey cover with pops of flashy yellow detailing on the last eyelets, heel, lining, sockliner, and sole. This style was released in a limited 100-pair run on July 16, 2011.
- Hard-wearing satin TUF cover
- Black reinforced toe bumper
- Grippy rubber outsole
- NYC embroidery on the side panels
- Has a hang tag designed after the Empire State Building
Supra x Rothco Vaider “Black & Savage Orange Camo”
Supra hooked up with Rothco, producer of high-grade, military apparel and accessories, for the drop of the high profile Supra x Rothco Vaider in Black & Savage Orange Camo in August 2018. Co-branding was displayed on several segments on the upper that’s kitted out with premium materials in eye-grabbing orange camouflage patterns on the sides, heel, inside the shoe, and outsole.
- Coated metal eyelets prevent the laces from fraying quickly
- For a supportive fit, it consists of a padded, mesh-lined tongue and collar
- Has a sufficiently cushioned insole that grants comfort and support
- Offers superb board feel with its vulcanized outsole construction
- The vulcanized rubber outsole with Supra Crown logo and the Supra S design provides sufficient flexibility, superb board feel, and flexibility on the board.
- The toecap is double stitched to provide enhanced support while skating.
- It has the lightweight SupraFoam midsole for excellent cushioning during jumps and flips on the rails and the streets. This technology also delivers optimal shoe flexibility.
- The breathable, padded mesh lining enhances comfort.
- This product typically weighs around 539 grams.
- It has the molded PU insole to provide comfort and extra protection.
- Other interpretations of this model are the Supra Vaider LC, Supra Vaider Cold Weather, Supra Vaider 2.0.
- The Supra Vaider comes with extra shoelaces.