Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Rendered in various upper materials, the low-top Supra Cuba sneaker is made with a simple and straightforward cut with a relaxed slip-on and off feature. Under the tongue is an elastic band while on top is a rope lace which is more for decorative purposes only. Its laces can either be tied on top or under the tongue.
This shoe can be worn without laces as the stretchable belt beneath the tongue offers a secure fit. The Supra Cuba runs true to size fit and available in length dimension ranging from 4 to 14 US and 5.5 to 15.5 US for the men’s and the women’s respectively.
The relaxed and contemporary design configuration of the low-top Supra Cuba befits those who prefer to keep their overall look clean and uncomplicated. This former slip-on skate shoe is refashioned into a medley of upper fabrics, patterns, and shades that aren’t over the top. This sneaker merges well with denim, joggers, and shorts. It is a kind of shoe which isn’t limited to skate parks but appropriate for school affairs, casual office functions, shopping and dining out, leisure trips, and a whole lot more.
Its perforated leather abrasion resistant cover offers a stunning contrast with straight cut trousers, slim jeans, and joggers. The desert inspired Mojave tone and traditional black and white suede blend well with shorts and capris. The darker off-black tones such as coffee-inspired demitasse and wine with gum create a refreshing contrast with tapered pants and casual corporate attires. This sneaker may either be styled with or without decorative rope laces.
Minimalist sneakers tend to have a soft spot in someone’s heart especially when these are well constructed, come with a traditional look, and possess comfort features above and beyond what one expects. The slip-on Supra Cuba does not fall short on these elements, which is why it is adored by riders and non-skaters not only for its style but its functionality and practicality, as well as durability too.
Supra Cuba is one of the many famous silhouettes that sprung from American label Supra, a relatively new player in the footwear industry that has already been creating radical changes in the sneaker game. Recently acquired by K-Swiss Inc., Supra’s gradually making waves in the sneaker scene through its fast-forward designs, capturing a growing number of style-savvy consumers.
Skateboarding communities propelled Supra “above and beyond” (the translation of Supra in Latin) what any progressive footwear brands in history has achieved in just over a decade since it started operations in 2006. Within such short span, this South California-based label with strong roots in skateboarding evolved into a well-favored lifestyle brand. This progression stems from the belief of its founder Angel Cabada that there’s more to Supra than merely a skateboarding brand.
One could easily surmise that the arrival of this brand was just in time when sneaker patriots are famished for fresh and innovative concepts. Supra’s unique offerings turned out to be among the designs that would satiate not only the general public but luminaries as well.
Supra is an offshoot project of the 2002 KR3W Denim Company formulated by Cabada. Long before Supra came to light, Cabada, who is a rider himself, has established strong ties with skaters by providing them with useful clothing options. Not too long later, he plunged into the skate shoe enterprise and elevated the game by delivering a trendy portfolio of products that consumers can wear even beyond skateboarding.
Supra was born in 2006 offering silhouettes that are built for skateboarding yet made with street-ready elements. These shoes were done in color schemes that are not too flamboyant. Among its early designs was the high-top Skytop, a refreshingly new model which can also be worn for casual occasions. The same goes with Supra Cuba, a slip-on sneaker which has the essential skate shoe features such as vulcanized sole construction for enhanced boardfeel, fashioned with stylish upper designs.
- The low-top Supra Cuba is outfitted with added heel protection that is embedded into a thick, comfortable, high-memory polyurethane inlay sole.
- At the bottom is a durable rubber outsole with Supra’s S-tread pattern.
- This sneaker is made of a vulcanized sole where the rubber at the bottom of the shoe is attached to the upper using an adhesive. It is then wrapped with a foxing tape around the sole’s perimeter to reinforce it.
- Supra Cuba, initially built for skating, offers an excellent contact on the board with its grippy sole and closer-to-the-ground base construction.
- The Supra Cuban is another variation of this shoe which comes with a metal chain in place of the shoelace.
- A special Coalition Crown edition of the Supra Cuba is presented by skater Spencer Hamilton which is made of black suede and canvas accented by gold laurel leaf trimming, a metallic gold chain, and Crown Coalition logo on the inlay sole.
- A feminine version of this shoe is called Supra Cubana. It is available in both men’s and women’s sizes.
- Pop icon Justin Bieber is one of the celebrities seen wearing the Supra Cuba.