Who should buy the Sorel Madson Sport Hiker
Comfortable straight from the box, the Sorel Madson Sport Hiker Waterproof is meant to keep your feet dry, warm, and protected on or off the trail. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides ample protection against the elements.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides a barrier against rain or water.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers sufficient cushioning and support without the added weight.
Wear-resistant, sturdy and stable
The sole is made of molded rubber which has many desirable qualities. These include wear resistance, sturdiness, and extended contraction stability.
Flexible and waterproof
Rubber soles are also bendable and waterproof.
This boot has a die-cut EVA midsole that is known for being lightweight, flexible, and supportive. It is soft but has some firmness to it that helps absorb impact.
A full-length insert, also made of EVA, is included to provide more cushioning for the foot.
Durable and breathable
The shoe upper is made of full-grain leather which is water-repellent and long-wearing. There are mesh regions to allow some breathability. The shaft is ankle-high which makes the Madson Sport Hiker really supportive, particularly when traversing rocky trails. And since it provides more coverage, this boot also keeps the foot warmer in colder days.
The Madson Sport Hiker has a textile lining for added protection against external moisture. Thus, the boot can endure light rain and shallow puddles.
Lastly, it features a lace-up closure with round laces and metal hooks and eyelets. There’s a D-ring attached to a strap in the middle part of the upper for a snug fit.
Nice to know
- Full-grain leather, which is commonly used in many premium leather hiking boots, is the least processed and most natural form of leather. Therefore, it is higher in quality compared to suede and other types of leather used in footwear.
- The Sorel Madson Hiker is more suitable for urban hiking and casual activities. It also makes a comfortable travel shoe.
- If you’re searching for a mid-top boot that you can take to challenging trails in wet or dry conditions, you can check out the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX or the Danner Mountain 600. Both of these shoes come with a waterproof barrier inside the upper for maximum protection against rain or water.