Who should buy the So iLL New Zero
The So iLL New Zero may have enough merits to make it a satisfactory purchase for senders. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a climbing shoe that delivers performance on steep routes and challenging boulders.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that provides protection from jagged surfaces while limiting stretch.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that supplies senders with support during an ascent.
The So iLL New Zero's Profile
Downturn. The So iLL New Zero is a rock climbing shoe with an aggressive downturn. Its pointed camber pushes the wearer’s toe forward, granting precision on tiny ledges and holds. Climbing pieces with this type of downturn are suitable for single-pitch projects.
Applications. This climb-centric So iLL offering caters to advanced climbers. Its set of features and components enables senders to take on bouldering projects, trad, and sport routes. It can also be used in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Size and fit
The New Zero is a low-top piece made for male and female climbers. Its synthetic upper is lined to prevent it from stretching. The shoe’s asymmetric last gives it a curved interior. Wearers may gain a secure and customized lockdown, thanks to a single-strap Velcro system.
Excellent grip on rocky surfaces
Thanks to the So iLL New Zero’s Dark Matter rubber outsole, climbers can get a grip on virtually most types of rock surfaces.
Excellent friction on steep and rough terrain
Its Dark Matter construction is formulated to give optimal stickiness and friction on steep and rough terrain. The outsole’s design is integrated into the rand without any overlapping parts, reducing the number of hot spots.
The So iLL New Zero grants a stable platform to senders using its ultra-thin midsole.
Provides support and flexibility
It is engineered to give both underfoot support and flexibility for bouldering sessions.
Comfortable in-shoe environment
The So iLL New Zero is equipped with an upper made of synthetic vegan material. It is stitched using a soft thread, which renders a comfy in-shoe environment.
Excellent toe-hooking performance
A rubber rand covers the upper’s base to supply added robustness and grip when toe hooking.
Easy to wear
A single Velcro strap aids users in managing the shoe’s fit. Two pull loops are positioned at the back to give climbers easy on and off.
- Those who are searching for a pair that can handle both trail challenges and low-grade outdoor climbs may consider the approach shoes. Among the options that may be explored is the La Sportiva TX4.
- Buyers who require climbing kicks for beginners may want to check out the Evolv Defy.