Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 9ozWomen: 8oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 5mmWomen: 5mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 25mmWomen: 25mm
Forefoot heightMen: 20mmWomen: 20mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
This YouTube channel has only first look videos - no reviews
Updates to Skechers Synergy
- Flexible and responsive performance are just some of what the Skechers Synergy has to offer to runners who want to feel as free as possible when going on their runs. It’s a shoe that doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, and it certainly wasn’t catered to those who desire additional support and protection, but it’s one that delivers flexible performance and speed.
- The Synergy is also aimed it casual shoe enthusiasts. Its minimal design actually boasts a modern look that’s visually endearing to those who want to have a shoe that’s suitable for regular strolls. The upper is also comfortable, wrapping around the foot in a snug, but secure way. It doesn’t make the skin feel irritated.
- The platform of this running shoe is very flexible. It can even be rolled into a ball. The natural movement of the foot is afforded the freedom it needs due to the forgiving and unrestricted nature of its sole unit. It aids the runner when it comes to striking and toeing off the ground.
- The outsole unit uses a high quality rubber shield the rest of the sole unit from wear and abrasion. It doesn’t wear off easily, and it makes sure that the platform is able to hold onto the ground with sureness.
- Flex grooves are placed on the entire length of the sole unit, making sure that the shoe is able to bend in response to the natural movements of the foot.
Skechers Synergy size and fit
The Skechers Synergy has a standard running shoe length. It is available in sizes that adhere to the regular measurements for men and women. The width of this running shoe is medium, so it accommodates the runner who has a medium sized foot. Its semi curved shape follows the natural shape of the human foot.
The Skechers Synergy has an outsole that’s layered with a very durable rubber material. Placed across the entire length of this running shoe, the rubber is able to shield the platform from wear and the damaging nature of the surfaces. It is also responsible for delivering traction.
Flex grooves make the sole unit more adherent to the movements of the runner’s foot. They make the platform more agreeable and responsive, thus enabling the shoe to move along with the runner, and not resist the natural movement.
The mid-sole unit of the Skechers Synergy uses the FlexSole technology, which is capable of absorbing shock when landing the foot on the ground. It has a thin profile and it flexes easily, but is sure to be efficient when it comes to its purpose.
The Memory Foam cushioned sock liner adds contoured support that the underside of the foot immediately gets. It molds to the exact shape of the wearer’s underfoot, making sure that the heel, arch and forefoot are well-supported.
A breathable mesh material serves as the main upper unit of this running shoe. It covers the foot responsibly, ensuring a comfortable and well-ventilated coverage that lasts long.
Reflectivity is enhanced for this shoe, rendering the runner as visible when they’re running at night or under low lighting conditions.
Smooth, lightweight overlays are placed on top of the main upper unit. They give structure to the shoe while also assisting the fabrics in hugging the foot well.
A comfortable inner lining allows the foot to go in the shoe, even without socks. It is not irritating to skin, so it prevents blisters or welts.