Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Heel heightMen: 32mmWomen: 32mm
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Skechers Skech-Air Varsity
- The Skech-Air Varsity is part of Skechers’ line of workout shoes that are engineered to deliver lightweight comfort during workout sessions. It has a low-cut profile that promotes unrestricted ankle mobility. This style also facilitates easier directional changes.
- The upper is made from flat knit mesh that is patterned with a woven stripe design. It has a seamless construction for a weightless sensation. It also features weave panels for ventilation. Moreover, the sides have been reinforced for lateral support.
- The Memory Foam insole is employed for plush cushioning and shock absorption. It is air cooled for breathability. This cushioning molds to the curves of the foot to deliver equal coverage throughout the underfoot.
- The Skech-Air midsole figures prominently in the trainer. It is a lightweight compound that absorbs the impact upon footstrike.
- The outsole is made to offer traction on a diverse range of surfaces. It is also flexible to enable natural foot flexion.
Skechers Skech-Air Varsity size and fit
The Skechers Skech-Air Varsity has versions created for men and women. It typically runs true to size since it follows standard training shoe sizing scheme. The available width option for men is D - Medium, while it is B - Medium for women.
Lightweight rubber lines the bottom of the Skechers Skech-Air Varsity. It is designed to display a strong grip on surfaces of various textures. It is also flexible to enable natural foot movements.
The Skechers Skech-Air Varsity utilizes the air-cooled Memory Foam insole to keep the sole cool. It conforms to the curves of the foot for even coverage of cushioning.
The proprietary Skech-Air midsole steadies the wearer to prevent wobbling. It uses air cushions to protect against impact.
A breathable flat-knit mesh fabric covers the top portion of the Skechers Skech-Air Varsity. It has a no-sew style that doesn’t weigh the wearer down. It features both loosely weaved and reinforced panels for ventilation and lateral support, respectively. To top it off, it has a woven-in stripe pattern to lend a touch of sportiness to its aesthetics.
A striped overlay adorns the heel for posterior support. It also prevents accidental shoe removal.
The shoe is secured by a traditional lace closure. It allows the wearer to adjust the fit according to their preferences.