Review coming soon
Skechers Seager - Strike Out has just been released by Skechers. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Good to know
- Skechers aims to offer both style and comfort with the Seager - Strike Out. This mary jane style shoe has a feminine appeal that allows it to be paired with almost any type of casual clothing.
- The upper is made of a flat-knit mesh that brings comfort and breathability. It has a single hook-and-loop strap that not only adds to its style but also allows users to adjust the fit.
- For underfoot comfort, it has an Air-Cooled Memory foam insert that absorbs shock. The outsole is made from a high-traction rubber for surefootedness on various types of surfaces.
This doll-shoe inspired Skechers walking shoe is only available in women’s sizes, from US sizes 5 to 11, including half and full sizes in between. As for the width, it only comes in a B - Medium profile. The Skechers Seager - Strike Out has a single midfoot strap laid out in a zig-zag pattern which aims to secure the foot and allow users to tighten the fit if needed.
The Skechers Seager - Strike Out employs a layer of rubber to protect its bottom. This compound was manufactured to be durable to endure daily walks on concrete pavements. It is also flexible to facilitate a smooth heel-to-toe transition. It has a combination of flat and waxy tread patterns that deliver grip on multiple types of surfaces.
A full-length cushioning platform protects the foot against impact. It is crafted to be lightweight and flexible to give the foot the freedom to move naturally.
Inside the shoe is an Air-Cooled Memory Foam insole. This full-length component heightens the shock attenuation offered by the midsole for long-lasting comfort. This element is also removable so it can be cleaned or replaced with custom orthotics if needed.
The upper utilizes an almost one-piece soft, flat-knit woven fabric that holds the foot securely in place. It also has integrated openwork panels that allow heat to dissipate and cool air to come in so that the foot chamber stays fresh throughout the day.
The Skechers Seager - Strike Out sports a mary jane design. This doll-shoe style features a single hook-and-loop strap laid out in a zig-zag pattern for maximum coverage of the instep area and better fit adjustment.
Adding a stylish flair to the footwear is the scalloped edge trim at the collar. This soft element ensures that the edges won’t irritate the skin. It is also stretchy, allowing it to fit closely to the foot.
A heel panel overlay is found inside. This smooth piece of cloth prevents the rearfoot from accidentally sliding out of the shoe while also keeping the skin safe from blistering.
- The mary jane shoe style is based on comic book characters made by Richard Felton Outcault. The characters Buster Brown and Mary Jane both wore shoes with a single strap at the midfoot. The Brown Shoe Company was one of the brands that acquired a license to advertise these characters and even hired actors to play their parts in stores. In the long run, the shoes worn by both Buster Brown and Mary Jane became known as mary janes.
- In the early 20th century, mary janes were worn by children of both sexes. But after a decade or so, it was seen as something that belongs in the women's shoe department. And in the 1920s, it became a popular design for ladies' footgear too.