|Update:||Skechers GOrun Forza 3|
|Arch support:||Motion control|
|Weight:||Men: 10.9oz | Women: 8.7oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 8mm | Women: 8mm|
|Arch type:||Low arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Foot Condition:||Flat feet|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 30mm | Women: 30mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey, Pink, Purple, Red|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
83 / 100 based on 9 expert reviews
It’s a super sturdy shoe, but all of that stability and support is hidden in a comfortable, smooth-riding cruiser with a touch of responsiveness.
All in all I think that the Forza would be a good choice for any moderate, or slightly more, over pronator looking for a firmly cushioned, smooth, daily stability shoe that is well suited for long runs.
The control features didn’t compromise the shoe’s smooth cushioning or fit, however.
The forefoot especially has very thick overlays which give it a narrower fit compared to other Skechers Performance shoes.
It’s a super sturdy shoe, but all of that stability and support is hidden in a comfortable, smooth-riding cruiser.
Similar to the Hoka One, the Skechers GOrun Forza is a maximum cushioning shoe for runners who need stability with over-pronation control. The GOrun Forza led the class in comfort and fit which made it a perfect shoe to go from a long run to a long day kicking around town. A firmer Next Generation Resalyte midsole provided a smooth and springy responsive ride, however it may feel awkward for runners without the need for motion control.
- The Skechers GOrun Forza offers stability and controlled movement to make those running sessions more comfortable and less tasking to those with over pronated foot motion. From the mid-sole to the upper unit, this shoe is sure to make each step more neutral. It’s an efficient way to keep the runner safe from discomfort or injury.
- A stretchable material makes up most of the upper unit of this running shoe. It allows the natural shape of the foot to rest well into it and give enough room to maintain a snug yet secure feeling that’s not too tight.
- Padded interiors give additional cushioning to the dimensions of the foot. A stiff heel counter and support strap lock the foot in place and prevents over pronation.
- The mid-sole unit of this running shoe features a foam technology that cushions the foot well. It doesn’t make the platform heavy, though additional stability is offered by this two-part platform. The inward rolling of the foot is prevented because of a post in the mid-foot that’s meant to act as a foundation for the foot to be in a more neutral position.
- The outsole unit of this shoe makes use of a rubber material that is highly resistant to abrasive damage and wear. It is sparingly placed all over the underside of the sole unit, making sure that the foot is well-protected at all times. It is also able to deliver sure traction over the surfaces.
The Skechers GOrun Forza has a standard running shoe length. It comes in sizes that follow the regular measurements to which men and women are most acclimated. The available width is medium, though the forefoot section is a bit wider to accommodate natural toe splaying. Those with medium sized feet will be able adapt well to it.
The Skechers GOrun Forza uses a high abrasion resistant rubber to protect the sole unit from damage and wear. Strategically placed to cover the surfaces that are in contact with the ground, this layer makes sure to deliver durable protection at all times. It is also responsible for the traction capabilities of this running shoe. The Forza 3 and other Skechers running shoes also used the same material for sturdiness and grip.
Flex grooves are placed in the forefoot section. They allow the platform to bend along with the natural movement of the foot, ensuring that each forefoot lift becomes more enabled and unrestricted.
The Resalyte® is a mid-sole foam that gives sure underfoot cushioning and responsiveness. This plush underfoot platform adds a bit of bounce to the step, effectively propelling the runner forward during the activities.
The two-part mid-sole uses a medial posting that’s also made from Resalyte®. It is responsible for balancing the position of the foot and making sure that it assumes a more natural gait when performing. It is highly assistive to those who need additional support for their feet.
The upper unit uses a seamless mesh material that is lightweight and durable. It brings a breathable and comfortable coverage, essentially maintaining a well-ventilated interior because it allows air to go through the shoe.
A 3D printed synthetic upper uses new technologies to bring a more precise fit that doesn’t use a lot of stitching. It blends effortlessly with the main fabric of the upper and it encourages natural movement, while also hugging the foot snugly.
A heel counter and inner support strap lock the foot in place and adjust its position to assume a more balanced or neutral stance. They’re additional stability mechanisms that assist the mid-sole in steadying the foot.