|Update:||Skechers GOmeb Speed 5|
|Weight:||Men: 6.6oz | Women: 5.8oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 4mm | Women: 4mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 18mm | Women: 18mm|
|Release date:||Jun 2017|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Orange, Red|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
87 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
I've been running in these shoes for the past four weeks and, compared to the previous models, I can definitely notice much less wearing.
The Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 shoes are strong performers in high mileage races and do well for fast tempo runs.
Firm and fast, the GOmeb Speed 4 is best suited for tempo runs and road races—if you’re an efficient runner like Meb Keflezighi, you can rock it for marathon racing.
Overall the update feels, looks and rides firmer and a bit faster than the previous version.
- The upper is now made up of Skechers’ GOknit, which is highly breathable, comfortable and secure. This material is also very light and it goes together with the recurring lightweight theme of the shoes.
- The heel counter also received a minor update. Instead of a simple wrap around fabric, there is now a crescent plastic in this area to add a little bit of strength and stability in the heel.
- Skechers also topped off the upper with a sleek lacing system with eyelets that are made up of a reinforced fabric. This fabric replaced the metal or plastic eyelets present in the shoe’s predecessor.
- The 5GEN cushioning system has been introduced into the shoe. This midsole foam is similar to what Skechers has used in the past, but has been developed to improve the smoothness of its ride and its responsiveness.
- Also in the midsole is Skechers M-strike technology, which helps runners to focus more on mid-foot striking. This type of technology allows runners to strike on the mid-foot, thus promoting better gait mechanics.
- The most obvious update of the Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 is its web-like outsole design, which is made of a durable rubber material. In place of the podular outsole on its predecessor, the current outsole makes full ground contact and has a 2mm-thick web-patterned rubber for better traction. The rubber is found mostly underneath the heel and toe, leaving a small area of exposed foam underneath the midfoot.
The Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 has a standard running shoe length. The width also comes in regular measurements, just like the GOmeb Speed 5 running shoe. Runners will be able to get the shoes in D and B—medium.
On the outsole of the Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 is a smoother design that’s almost full contact. The only part of the outsole that doesn’t come in contact with the ground is the cutout where you can see the Dupont Delrin plate, which a part of the mid-sole. The lightweight material the outsole is made of a durable carbon fiber, which delivers a quick response while keeping the structure of the outsole intact.
The design is now more web-like, with much of the durable rubber material underneath the forefoot and heel. This updated outsole has improved grip and durability. It also gives the shoe a good amount of flexibility as well as moderate traction on different surfaces.
The midsole of the Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 has the Skechers 5GEN cushioning system, which was designed to give runners a lightweight and responsive ride. The 5GEN cushion is rubber-based EVA midsole foam and is more resilient compared to Skechers’ other midsole materials. It is a foam material specifically designed to be soft yet highly energetic.
Another piece of Skechers technology in the midsole is the M-strike. It is more of a structure rather than a material. The M-strike structure adds volume to the midfoot to encourage the wearer to focus on the mid-foot when striking on the ground.
Lastly, the Dupont Delrin Stability Plate has been embedded in the midsole of the shoe. This plate is a high-performance acetal resin that provides a responsive and supportive ride. More specifically, this addition was meant to provide some structured support to the midfoot.
The knitted upper of the Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 is known as the GOknit. It provides wearers a more sock-like feel when wearing the shoes. The GOknit helps give the shoes a more custom fit and comfort, while its breathability aids in reducing hot spots.
The upper has been designed to have different density threads. In some areas of the shoe, the knitted material is denser in order to add structure and retain the shoe’s shape. The lockdown lacing system helps provide additional security. Tightening the system up will ensure a secure fit, locking in the heel into place and preventing the shoe from accidentally coming off.
A Dupont Hytrel External Heel Counter has been added. This structure further locks the heel in place and prevents it from exiting the shoe accidentally.
The seamless interior lining of the Skechers GOmeb Speed 4 is made up of a microfiber material that further enhances the comfort of the shoe from the inside.