Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
87% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 50 shopsSkechers training shoes
Overview of this review
Updates to Skechers Galaxies
- The Skechers Galaxies is a slip-on training shoe that is characterized by its low-cut profile for unrestrained ankle mobility. The seamless upper is made of stretchy flat knit mesh for breathability and comfort. The quarters are reinforced with stabilizing panels for lateral support.
- The upper employs the brand’s proprietary Stretch Fit design, which features a stretchable rib-knit collar and soft fabric interiors, for an improved fit and a more pleasant feel. The front panel has a faux bungee lacing system to lend a sporty look to the product.
- The breathable Air Cooled Memory Foam cushioning is installed on the heel. It molds to the foot’s contours, offering customized underfoot padding. It is shock absorbent as well.
- A lightweight dual-density midsole aims to support the foot to stabilize the movements. It also absorbs impact upon footstrike.
- The outsole is lined with flexible rubber that promotes natural flexion. At the same time, it is meant to provide traction on various types of surfaces.
Size and fit
The Skechers Galaxies is created to fit a woman’s foot. Thus, it is only available in women’s sizes. The width measurement is B - Medium. The upper is designed to have a snug fit. Therefore, shoppers are recommended to order a half-size up for an accurate fit. If you like the style of this model, but a wider fit is needed, the Skechers Ultra Flex - Bright Horizon should be considered.
A flexible rubber lines the bottom of the Skechers Galaxies. It allows the wearer’s foot to have a full range of motion. Rubber tends to have a strong grip on surfaces, so the outsole facilitates a secure footing on multi-textured surfaces.
The Skechers Galaxies has a footbed that cradles the foot to protect it from impact. This material conforms to the foot’s contours for a more customized feel.
A lightweight dual-density midsole acts as a stable platform to support the foot. It also attenuates shock with every footfall.
The Skechers Galaxies has a low-cut profile to encourage ankle mobility. It is designed to have a snug yet comfortable fit with its use of the proprietary Stretch Fit design that involves a stretchable rib-knit collar and soft fabric lining.
The trainer utilizes stretchy flat knit mesh for its upper to give a pleasant sensation and allow air to circulate throughout the foot chamber. The breathable yet stabilizing panels strengthen the sides during lateral movements. On the other hand, the front part has a faux bungee lacing system to add an athletic tinge to the appearance of the shoe.
It is equipped with a padded heel collar and an internal heel cup to make the fit even more secure. They prevent heel slippage.
A pull-on tab is attached to the heel due to the snug fit and slip-on nature of the footwear. It makes it easier to slip the foot inside the shoe.