With its undivided focus on golf footwear and apparel, Footjoy (FJ) takes pride in its detail-oriented approach to shoe sizing.
The brand takes fit seriously as it references a study that shows how an ill-fitted golf shoe can decrease your swing efficiency by as much as 21%.
The first step towards getting the right FJ size is to have your feet measured accurately. This can be done by:
Once you have your foot length in millimeters or inches, use the chart below to find out your size.
Tip: When between sizes, go with the bigger one.
Footjoy men's and women's size chart
Fit and sizing of Footjoy golf shoes
Please note that sizes may vary depending on specific models.
Footjoy claims to manufacture their shoes on 9 different lasts to accommodate a wide range of foot shapes.
In addition, seemingly small design elements like a shoe throat (the opening above the tongue which is connected by the laces) can impact the fit and comfort.
For more information on each FJ model, see our respective product pages. You may be interested in the popular spikeless silhouettes like the Footjoy Pro SL or the Footjoy Flex. Or their spiked counterparts, including Hyperflex, Tour X, and DryJoys Tour.
Widths options in FJ golf shoes
Footjoy has to be one of the most generous golf brands when it comes to shoe widths. You can find most of its models in a range of profiles, including:
Signs of a well-fitting Footjoy golf shoe
Here are a few surefire pointers that you got the right FJ size:
- Toe space. There is about 0.5 inches (1.3 cm) between your longest toe and the tip of the shoe.
- Shoe opening. The width between the topmost eyelets should be your thumb’s width. If it’s too little and the edges touch each other, you need a bigger size. If it’s wider than the thumb, size down.
- Flex Point. The deepest flex groove on the bottom of FJ golf shoes should match the area where you bend your foot.
- The “woosh”. The brand reassures that you will hear a pleasant woosh sound when inserting the heel inside the shoe if the fit is right. That means the shoe’s heel volume matches your ankle.
- Finally, it feels right when you walk and imitate a golf swing.
Footjoy shoe sizes vs. other brands of golf shoes
|Foot length (mm)||Footjoy||Callaway||Puma||Nike||Adidas|
|Men's US size|
|Women's US size|
Have another brand of shoes that fits you well? Input its name and size into the calculator below to see its Footjoy equivalent.