|Weight:||Men: 9.8oz | Women: 8oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 4mm | Women: 4mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 18mm | Women: 18mm|
|Release date:||Feb 2019|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Green, Grey, Purple|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 14 expert reviews
So far so good. Treads on the bottom are definitely holding up. I got some good grip.
The Switchback ISO is a surprise hit for me and I am most impressed by the fit, comfort, light feel and great traction on all but the most loose terrain.
Where Switchback [ISO] really shines is in its overall utility is as a do anything lightweight super classy looking new option.
If you’re a fan of EVERUN– and I know many, many of you are– you should absolutely try the Switchback. It’s a light, nimble racing-flat type of trail shoe with solid grip.
The Switchback ISO checks all our boxes for trail running shoes: protective cushioning, superior traction and spacious fit.
[The Switchback ISO] is a lightweight, neutral, and flexible trail shoe that provides excellent ground feel and modest rock protection.
- The Saucony Switchback ISO is a trail running shoe that is strategically intended for those who have neutral foot mechanisms.
- With the utilization of the ISOFIT dynamic upper, the mesh quickly adapts to the shape, size, and movements of the foot. As a result, a sock-like fit is experienced by the runner.
- Along with the ISOFIT technology is the integration of a BOA lacing system. This is essential in the easy and natural hugging and wrapping of the foot without sacrificing its comfortable and soft feel.
- Integrated into the midsole of the shoe is the full-length, low profile EVERUN. This component of the Saucony Switchback ISO provides durable underfoot cushioning, flexibility and enhanced energy return.
- The dual-density PWRTrac outsole is utilized in the shoe. It provides the right amount of grip needed to allow the runner to conquer all challenging terrains.
The Saucony Switchback ISO follows the standard running shoe length when it comes to the size. It is sure to deliver a snug and comfortable fit because of the utilization of the ISOFIT technology.
The available width options are D - Medium for the men's version and B - Medium for the women's version.
The dual-density PWRTRAC outsole is integrated into the outsole of the Saucony Switchback ISO. It is a rubber compound that delivers more traction when compared to traditional rubber.
With the utilization of 6mm lugs and a hexagon-shaped pattern outsole, the shoe can quickly adapt to a wide variety of terrains. It is sure to provide a durable grip on downhill and uphill runs.
A full-length EVERUN is used in the midsole area of the shoe. This component of the footwear aims to provide a high energy return while delivering better shock absorption.
The midsole section is also topped with a FORMFIT triple-layer foam system that delivers additional cushioning for added comfort and protection.
In the upper of the Saucony Switchback ISO is the woven mesh material. This durable and lightweight mesh aims to provide the user with a sock-like feel throughout the run.
The shoe also features the ISOFIT design. It is described as a stretchable mesh that is adaptable to the shape, size, and movement of the foot. It creates a snugger and comfortable fit.
A mudguard is also added into the upper. Saucony added this feature to enhance durability and provide additional foot protection against mud and trail debris.
The BOA System is integrated into the Saucony Switchback ISO. It allows for easy adjustment while running on the trail.