Saucony Mad River TR 2: So much for so little price
The highlight of the Mad River TR 2 from Saucony is its multi-surface traction, coupled with a more protective midsole. What makes it even more versatile is the fact that it can handle some pounding on the pavement. And it gets even better — all of these benefits come at an affordable price!
Mad River TR 2: What is it for?
Distance: Middle to long distances
- Semi-technical trails (where it shines)
- Rocky trail (with larger rocks)
- Gravel pack trail
- Loose terrain
- Steep off-trail terrain
The Saucony Mad River TR 2 is a trail shoe be "quick at about any terrain" but it does stand out in "cruising long distances" on multiple terrains.
Saucony Mad River TR 2 vs. 1: The upgrades
Although the Mad River TR 2 retains some of the hailed features of the first version, it takes thing up a notch by implementing the following:
- Enhanced toe box for better toe splay
- Newly introduced PWWRUN midsole for impact protection
- Added cushioning for better comfort; hence, higher stack height
- Revamped upper for enhanced water drainage and ventilation
- Fit is more secure because of the added midfoot overlays
Nice to know
There Mad River TR 2 has two customizable features: (1) two rows of lace eyelets (inner and outer eyelets) for lockdown fit; and (2) outsole spots where you can drill drainage holes or insert screws for winter running.