Who should buy the Saucony Fastwitch 9
The eighth edition of the Fastwitch lives up to its known legacy of stability and speed. This running shoe is ideal for you if:
- You need a stability running shoe that is compatible with forefoot and midfoot strikers
- You want a breathable shoe for the roads that performs best with mild to moderate overpronation
Updates to the Saucony Fastwitch 9
- Lightweight engineered mesh upper that offers both support and breathability
- This Saucony running shoe's midsole now features a lightweight construction and responsive SSL EVA midsole for energy return
- The outsole has been updated with a triangular design for a smoother ride and improved flexibility
- Saucony PWRTRAC provides great accelaration and control
- A 4mm offset gives a better performance edge that lets the body naturally control the ride with less reliance on cushioning on support
Three times better traction
The Saucony Fastwitch 9 use the PWRTRAC rubber outsole which provides three times better traction than the usual rubber. This enhances the shoe's grip enhancing every pounce and step. The PWRTRAC is a durable rubber that also gives exceptional abrasion resistance allowing for a longer wear of the shoe.
Increased protection against impact
The Fastwitch 9 utilizes a full-length CMEVA midsole to provide cushioning for increased impact protection and shock absorption.
The Fastwitch 9 is constructed with a medial post that is engineered to help slow the rate of overpronation. This medial post device is firmer than the rest of the midsole material providing medial support for increased stability.
Within the shoe's midsole is the SSL EVA which provides lightweight responsiveness.
Engineered with a 4mm heel-to-toe differential, the Fastwitch 9 offers a faster performance and natural form which encourages an efficient, continuous and positive gait cycle from heel strike to toe-off.
Combined breathability and support
Just like the popular Saucony stability running shoe, the Saucony Guide 10, the Fastswitch 9's upper consists of engineered air mesh that combines breathability and support. This allows air to fully permeate the entire footbed to guarantee that the feet stay cool and comfortable when the temperature goes up.
A strong, lightweight material is also melted to the upper, which allows for few layers in the shoe shedding weight, making it more flexible resulting in a seamless upper which reduces skin irritation and chafing.