Who should buy the Saucony Excursion TR 14 GTX
This Saucony Excursion TR 14 GTX could be a great match for you if:
- You want a running shoe that is excellent in keeping the feet completely dry and warm making it suitable for the rainy and winter season.
- You want a shoe that has an ample amount of cushion, is soft, cozy, and makes your feet feel young.
- One of the upgrades incorporated into the configuration of the Saucony Excursion TR 14 GTX is its reengineered outsole design. It is outfitted with an outsole pattern that digs deep into the surface for optimal grip and stability.
- To provide a snug wrap around the foot and enhance the structural integrity of the platform, supportive overlays are welded to the upper. These barely keep any weight, adhering to the light construction of the running shoe.
- The rest of the trail running shoe's makeup follows that of its predecessor. For instance, a trail-specific mesh is still integrated into the composition of the neutral shoe for an adaptive fit.
Size and fit
The Excursion TR 14 GTX from Saucony is engineered following the standard sizing schemes for both men and women. Thus, purchasers can order a pair of the neutral trail running shoes with their usual size preferences. To secure accurate fit and size, buyers should go through different user feedback or try on the shoe's fit first.
Two of the main components of the running shoe that influence its fit are the mesh upper and synthetic overlays integrated into the platform's composition. The mesh textile adapts to the natural shape and contours of the foot for pronounced security. Complementing the mesh material are the durable overlays added on the upper. These are responsible for locking the foot securely in place.
Just like most running shoes, the Saucony Excursion TR 14 GTX's outsole is comprised of rubber. It is a technical element that optimizes the sturdiness of the running platform. More importantly, it offers sticky adherence to any type of surface for surefootedness and maximum propulsion. Featuring 6-mm lugs, the rubber outsole effectively cuts down weight while boosting flexibility and traction. The same outsole element is implemented on the New Balance Fresh Foam Arishi v2.
Intended for amplified comfort within the foot chamber, the Excursion TR 14 GTX is outfitted with VERSARUN. It is a midsole technology that enables a plush yet responsive cushioning under the foot for lasting performance on the trails. Moreover, it also serves as the protective layer of the shoe, preventing injuries by promoting the shock-absorbing attributes of the platform.
As mentioned, the upper of the trail running shoe is constituted by trail-specific mesh. This fabric flaunts high-strength qualities that shield the foot from hazardous debris. Because of its pliability, the upper element equips the foot with a lockdown wrap, impeding premature shoe dislodgement.
Strengthening the structure of the platform are the synthetic overlays bonded to the upper. These technical features increase the form-fitting wrap of the running shoe for pronounced closure. Since these overlays are extremely light, they prevent drag occurring.