Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 11.3ozWomen: 9.7oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 8mmWomen: 8mm
WidthMen: Normal, WideWomen: Normal, Wide
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Saucony Echelon LE2
- The Saucony Echelon LE2 is designed as a walking shoe for people with neutral pronation and supination (underpronation). It is claimed to offer a more steady platform while delivering maximum comfort and support. For those who require a bit more arch support for stability, Saucony offers its Grid Omni Walker model.
- The steadiness is ensured by a full-length POWERGRID system. It is meant to center the heel upon the impact and redistribute the pressure evenly across the foot.
- The plush cushioning is offered by the dual-density S SL EVA foam. It aims to give an improved rebound at a lighter weight.
- The SRC Impact Zone is utilized in the heel area. It undertakes most of the impact during the walking gait cycle.
- A removable ComforLite sockliner is added for extra comfort. Made of the molded EVA material, it contours to the foot and supports the arch.
- The lightweight iBR+ rubber material is placed on the outsole. It is designed to enhance and protect the cushioning compounds of the midsole.
- The traction is delivered by the brand’s proprietary XT-900. This carbon rubber material is also made to be hard-wearing.
Saucony Echelon LE2 size and fit
The Saucony Echelon LE2 can be purchased in both men’s and women’s versions. Both tend to run true to size and fir. The available width options are D - Medium and 2E - Wide for gentlemen and B - Medium and D - Wide for ladies.
The Echelon LE2 employs the brand’s own iBR+ rubber material on the outsole unit. It is designed to be about 30% lighter and provide more cushioning than the conventional blown rubber. It also serves to protect the midsole from abrasion.
The XT-900 material throughout the outsole contributes to the durability of the platform. Made of premium carbon rubber material, it is a hard-wearing and traction-ready compound.
The Saucony packs the midsole of the Echelon LE2 with a multitude of technologies to provide wearers with plush cushioning and ensure a steady gait. The highlight feature is the POWERGRID compound, which runs the full length of the sole. It is manufactured to be 30% more lasting and 15% lighter than the regular foam. It serves to attenuate shock and center the heel upon the footfall and deliver a bounce-back at the toe-off.
The dual-density S SL EVA foam is also responsible for cushioning. Described as the brand’s most advanced EVA blend, it serves to provide enhanced rebound and durability.
The SRC Impact Zone contributes to the cushioning. Located in the heel section, it absorbs the shock from the heel strike.
A molded EVA ComforLite sockliner is placed for extra cushioning and arch support. It takes the shape of the foot, offering more comfort. It can also be easily removed or replaced by an orthotic insert.
The full-grain Garment leather makes up the upper unit of the Saucony Echelon LE2. It is a soft yet supportive material which gives a responsible coverage for the foot throughout the walk.
The shoe is designed to be orthotic friendly. It implies that the upper features a larger volume to accommodate the insert without compromising the fit.
The plush tongue and collar are meant to hug the foot in a comfortable and supportive way. They make sure that the foot is free of irritation and the rear doesn’t slip out of the shoe.