DiscontinuedUpdate: Saucony Cohesion TR 11
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 10.2ozWomen: 8.5oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 12mmWomen: 12mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 29mmWomen: 29mm
Forefoot heightMen: 17mmWomen: 17mm
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Updates to Saucony Cohesion TR 9
- The Cohesion TR 9 is an update that was constructed to cater to the needs of those who have neutral foot pronation. The mid-foot area has been slightly raised to encompass the arch, but it doesn’t control the pronation of the foot.
- The Mesh material of the Cohesion TR 9 is noticeably more closely knit than that of the Cohesion TR 8, yet it still retains its breathable and comfortable quality. The more secure construction of the upper fabric extends its structural integrity and prevents easy breakage of the material.
- The collar and tongue areas have slightly more padding, ensuring that the foot is kept locked down and secured in place.
- The outsole unit of the 9th iteration of the Cohesion TR features a thicker rubber layer, thus providing more protection from wear and tearing. The non-prominent triangular gripping lugs offer efficient grip over a variety of surfaces, from soft soil to hard rock & the pavements.
- The Memory Foam technology has been added to the platform, making it more customized to the exact shape and dimensions of the wearer’s foot.
Saucony Cohesion TR 9 size and fit
The Cohesion TR 9 features a standard running shoe length, which is the same as the Saucony Cohesion TR 8. It was made to welcome those who have a medium-sized heel, mid-foot and forefoot areas. The semi-curved design of this model is able to accommodate the natural curvature of the foot, thus providing a snug yet agreeable fit.
Durable rubber makes up the outsole layer of this running shoe. Fully encompassing the external part of the sole unit, it effectively protects the shoe from abrasion, wear and potential damage. This durable material is also placed in the Cohesion TR 11 and other running shoes from Saucony.
Triangular gripping lugs can be seen in the outsole. These nodes offer traction and control over a variety of surfaces. It can function well when tackling the uphill climbs and downhill descents. It provides a steady grip on wet surfaces. Its efficiency can be noted on both the trails and the roads.
The IMEVA mid-sole foam makes use of a durable and responsive compound that’s lightweight and resilient. It is found across the entire length of the mid-sole and it is able to carry the entirety of the foot.
The GRID system can be found in the heel area. This technology allows the mid-sole to provide shock absorption mechanics to the runner, making sure that each step is comfortable and responsive.
Memory Foam is found on top of the main mid-sole unit. It’s a material that is able to conform to the natural shape of the wearer’s foot. Having such a layer allows the platform to provide cushioning and support to the entire underside of the foot, even the arch.
A breathable mesh material is found in the entirety of the upper unit. It provides well-ventilated and comfortable coverage for the runner throughout a variety of activities.
The tongue and collar sections noticeably have more padding, thus enabling the Cohesion TR 9 to keep the foot locked in place. It’s a helpful system that prevents accidental slips and removal of the foot from the shoe.
Synthetic overlays are placed strategically above the mesh material. Connected to the lacing system, these overlays respond in conjunction with every adjustment to the shoelaces, customizing the overall upper fit to match the needs of the wearer.