Salomon S-Lab Cross
Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
40% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Salomon S-Lab Cross: Race through muddy, loose, and soft terrain
If there was a crossover between the S-Lab Sense 8 SG and the Speedcross 5, that would be the S-Lab Cross. It's soft, light, durable, grippy, and agile. These are the qualities that make the Salomon S-Lab Cross a perfect choice for race day on muddy, loose, and soft terrain.
These are also owed to the following:
- EnergyCell+ foam is soft, responsive, and minimal, allowing trail runners to go fast without expending all their energy, and;
- Contragrip TA bites extremely well on all soft, uneven surfaces.
What is it for?
As mentioned, it's a technical race shoe that's designed for:
- Off-camber terrain
- Loose and soft ground
Conditions: Snow and wet conditions
Distance: up to a marathon
NOT for: The Salomon S-Lab Cross is not for hard surfaces, and is certainly not for the pavement. Its durability suffers in these sections.
Salomon's 2020 lineup: The Salomon Cross range
- Salomon S-Lab Cross - for race day on mud and soft surfaces
- Salomon Speedcross 5 - for training and competition in the harsh mountain terrain
- Salomon Wildcross - an amped-up version of the Speedcross 5 in terms of support and grip; a suitable choice for training runs in the mud
- Salomon Alphacross Blast - an affordable version of the Speedcross 5 made for everyday training
- Salomon Supercross Blast - a trail shoe for mud and loose dirt