Outbound Prism: Is it for you?
Moderately rugged underfoot but “ready to hit the pub up top” makes the Salomon Outbound Prism hardly a tough sell. Yes, it is a versatile piece, but if you are still somewhere in the middle—ready to opt in or out with just a slight nudge—then consider the following.
This hiking shoe is for you if:
- The trails you take on are regularly maintained (where sharp rocks have barely any presence).
- Outside moisture is not a factor.
- Your feet sweat easily and are prone to getting smelly.
- You are not a fan of bunching or too much pressure around the instep.
- Easy on and off matter to you.
But maybe not if:
- You need something quite resistant to cuts and abrasions.
- The tracks you often navigate lead to steep slopes, particularly damp and muddy ones.
- A more supportive heel zone sits high on your hiking needs list.