Good to know
- The Salomon Ellipse 2 GTX, the waterproof version of the Salomon Ellipse 2 Aero, is a low-top hiking shoe for users who want to move fast on the trail. A Gore-Tex membrane is lined within its suede leather and mesh fabric upper to counter various wet trail conditions.
- The iteration features an Energy midsole made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. It is responsible for creating a cushioned and responsive. The shoe’s Contagrip TD outsole is engineered with aggressive lugs for optimal grip on mixed terrain.
The Salomon Ellipse 2 GTX is a women’s lightweight hiker available in a range of whole and half sizes. It is offered only in standard width. The footgear features Salomon’s patented SensiFit technology which securely holds the user’s foot from the midsole to the lacing system. It’s paired with a closure system that grants a customized fit to female adventurers. Moreover, this shoe fairly runs true to size.
What gives users traction on virtually all types of terrain is the Ellipse 2 GTX’s Contagrip TD outsole. Manufactured exclusively by Salomon, this component uses an assortment of diamond and arrow-shaped lugs to render grip on wet and dry surfaces. Both of its ends are filled with grooves to help the wearer maneuver in downhill and uphill conditions. The sole’s front section extends upward for additional protection from stubbing.
Salomon’s Ellipse 2 GTX is equipped with an EnergyCell midsole made of EVA foam. This material is known to provide lightweight cushioning, impact reduction, and energy return. An Ortholite insole works in tandem with the shoe’s midsole to deliver arch support and underfoot comfort.
This hiking shoe from Salomon uses an upper made of suede leather and mesh fabric. This combination imbues the footgear with abrasion-resistance and breathability. It is lined with a Gore-Tex membrane to prevent water from seeping in while allowing excess moisture to pass through.
The shoe’s toe area is fortified by a protective rubber cap. It shields the forefoot area from accidental knocks and enhances the Ellipse 2 GTX’s robustness. A gusseted tongue is featured to prevent debris from entering.
Several eyelets comprise this footwear model’s closure system. The padded tongue and collar promote comfort. Moreover, a pull tab situated at the collar’s rear facilitates an easy on and off.
- Outdoor lovers who need a boost in ankle support without losing water protection should take a look at the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.
- This day hiking shoe should be cleaned after each trip. The brand recommends using a soft-bristled brush and water to get rid of dirt and mud from the footgear.
- Never use a laundry machine to clean this pair. Doing so would greatly affect the quality of this Salomon product.
- After cleaning, this piece of outdoor gear should be left in an airy spot to dry. Do not use the aid of an external heat source, such as the sun, to speed up the drying process.
- Salomon recommends the application of a treatment solution on the Ellipse 2 GTX’s leather portions. This product will prevent this upper material from cracking or stiffening.
- The shoe’s laces should be replaced when they start to show signs of wear.