Salomon Crossamphibian Swift 2
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
72% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Updates to Salomon Crossamphibian Swift 2
- The Salomon Crossamphibian Swift 2, the successor to the first Crossamphibian Swift, is a breathable footgear intended for trail lovers who wish to go light and agile on the trail. A notable change in this new version is the use of post-consumption materials, such as plastic bottles and bamboo fibers, in its construction.
- Its upper has received a slight update to its design. The protective rand of this shoe covers more toe box area than its predecessor. The perforations (breathable holes) on its tongue have also been streamlined.
- The second-generation Crossamphibian Swift provides ample underfoot protection and comfort with its chunky midsole, called EnergyCell. It replaces the previous iteration’s injected EVA type.
- This hiking product may also be referred to as the Salomon Crossamphibian Swift 2 water shoes. As such, those who choose to wear this pair can expect adequate performance from it while traversing wet environments.
- It still has the predecessor’s collapsible heel. This unique feature makes the hiker convertible in a sense, allowing users to transform it into a slip-on if desired.
Size and fit
The Crossamphibian Swift 2 is a low-top, generally true-to-size Salomon trail gear for men and women. It is offered in a range of full and half sizes. It comes in standard width. A customized lockdown within its confines is made possible by the footgear’s lace-up closure with SensiFit technology. The shoe’s sockliner is designed to take the shape of the foot, providing wearers with an even more personalized fit with constant use.
The Crossamphibian Swift 2 gets to adhere to different types of terrain with adequate effectiveness as it comes built with a rubber outsole, called Contagrip FD. Heavy-duty lugs are scattered strategically across its layer, allowing owners to deal with soft- or loose-soiled trails with a more secure footing. These sticky protrusions are also engineered with sipes which increase the outsole’s grip performance over slick surfaces, such as wet slabs and underwater rocks.
Salomon designers opted to have its front end cover the tip of the hiker’s toe box. This minimal coverage acts as the gear’s protective bumper.
EnergyCell is the name of the midsole responsible for giving outdoorsy folks surefootedness and cushioning over uneven terrain. It is made entirely of high-performance EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate). The science behind its construction enables it to absorb shock on ground impact, thus making transitions comfortable and safe. Upping its level of comfort is the hiker’s stock sockliner made of molded EVA.
Synthetic and recycled materials mainly make up the Salomon Crossamphibian Swift 2’s below-the-ankle shell. Its breathable parts are made of 3D open mesh. A thin synthetic coating covers its front perimeter for extra abrasion protection.
Its combination eyelets consist of fabric loops and plated lace holes. They are made complete with a synthetic lace set through them.
- For wearers looking for water protection, see the Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX.