Salomon Cross Over GTX
Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
33% say it's too large, 67% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 54 shopsSalomon hiking shoes
Overview of this review
Before you buy the Salomon Cross Over GTX
The waterproof Cross Over, just like most high-quality hiking shoes, can be pretty convincing right from the get-go. Having said that, knowing more about it is crucial before giving in (or not). To that end, pore through the following:
Why you might adore it:
- On top of its Gore-Tex liner, the shoe’s upper is engineered moisture-repellent, giving hikers double the protection in wet conditions.
- Its tongue has an integrated construction, serving two purposes: it fences out debris and prevents bunching.
- The Cross Over GTX’s rearfoot support system cups the heel in place, providing additional footing security where the trail turns for the rugged.
- Its highly aggressive, multi-directional lugs will help you dish out daring moves, particularly over soft soil. These protrusions jut out around the borders, too, offering extra lateral (sideways) grip.
- This Salomon piece can complete your getup on dress-down Fridays.
Why you might not:
- Its protective overlays are not as thick compared to other brawnier offerings.
- Despite its deep ankle pockets, its collar might still be too high for some.
Nice to know
- If you need a bit more foot protection in a similar offering from the same brand, check out the Salomon Cross Hike GTX.