Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Salewa Multi Track GTX is a hybrid shoe developed to address the needs of those who want footwear that can perform in a wide range of outdoor activities. The brand crafted it to meet the demands of running, biking and hiking in a light package.
- The demand for such versatility led Michelin and Salewa to develop an outsole that addresses three distinct sports. The Multi Track sole with Outdoor Compound is the product of this partnership. It made the Multi Track GTX a type of footgear in which outdoor lovers can hike, run and bike without the need to change gears. Its aggressive lugs and distinctive tread patterns help secure a grippy ride on whatever terrain.
- With a breathable mesh upper lined with Gore-Tex, this hiking shoe delivers breathability and waterproofness. The upper is also infused with the 3F Total System to render blister-free support. It works with the shape of the midsole to improve stability and control on sloped surfaces.
- The insides of the Multi Track GTX are powered with an EVA midsole with TPU inserts for additional padding. The washable Ortholite insole adds up to the breathability and comfort.
The Multi Track GTX caters to male and female outdoor enthusiasts. This speed hiking shoe generally runs true to size and is offered in standard width and sizes. It is infused with Salewa’s 3F Total System to enhance the fit and comfort around the midfoot region. The quick lacing allows a fast adjustment and grants a snug fit.
A Salewa-exclusive outsole, the Michelin Multi Track is equipped with the Outdoor Compound which grants traction and a secure foothold across a range of terrains. The forefoot area is characterized by lowered lugs for more significant contact with the ground. This design also enables it to be compatible with mountain bike (MTB) pedals. The clover-like protrusions and deep grooves along the sides of the sole promises grip and stability. The unique tread design of this outsole establishes a safe ride even on extreme and bumpy trails.
The midsole of the Salewa Multi Track GTX is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA. This material gives cushioning and attenuates shock from impacts. It is lightweight, so it’s a preferred choice for outdoor performance footwear. Also, it has TPU inserts that render torsional stability to prevent the twisting of the ankle.
The Ortholite insole creates a breathable in-shoe environment. This footbed is equipped with the spring-back technology which retains 95% of the foam’s structure through time and use. Additionally, it manages to keep moisture away from the hiker’s foot while allowing air circulation. It is machine washable too.
The upper has a minimalist design. It is made of a breathable mesh fabric combined with a Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane. This combination delivers a lightweight feel. The liner used is ideally designed to perform while being active in warmer conditions, promising an all-day comfort. It also keeps water out while allowing sweat to escape, keeping the feet dry.
Salewa incorporates the 3F Total System in the Multi Track GTX as well. Also known as the Salewa Y, it creates a connection from the instep to the sole and heel. It provides support and stability without compromising flexibility. The rubber heel counter protects and reinforces the upper while the elastic loop on the tongue secures the excess laces in place.
- The Michelin Multi Track outsole is inspired by the brand’s Starcross HP4 motocross tire. The placement and shape of the blocks prevent slipping and deliver a secure hold.
- The Salewa Multi Track is the variant that does not have a Gore-Tex lining. In 2017, the Red Bull X-Alps selected it as their official shoe in the adventure race.
- The Salewa website helps buyers determine their sizes through the size advice option. Shoppers only need to input a brand and model he/she currently wears, their regular size and foot and arch type. Afterward, the site gives a size recommendation.