Who should buy the Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX
Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX is a lightweight alpine trekking and high-intensity mountain training boot designed for everyone mountain enthusiast. Get this pair if you want:
- mountain boot that offers high performance and stability while trail running
- a flexible boot providing extended comfort and 360-degree protection on longer hikes, on any type of terrain
Updates to Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX
- Previously, Salewa utilized the Vibram Approach Sole. The updated version is now equipped with the Vibram Wrapping Thread Combi (WTC), which has a low-profile look and renders optimal traction.
- The improvements of this hiking boot caused an increase in weight. Both the men's and the women's versions are about 20 grams heavier.
- The revamped version now uses Gore-Tex Performance Comfort from the previous Gore-Tex Extended Comfort. Both offer waterproofing, but the update renders moderate insulation.
Optimal traction and walkability
The Salewa exclusive Vibram Wrapping Thread Combi (WTC) powers the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX. This lightweight component has a minimalistic design and aggressive lugs. These qualities enable the users to have a natural feel of the ground while rendering traction and walkability.
All-day comfort and flexibility
With the mid stiff nylon insole and Bilight midsole, this hiking boot is able to provide great support. The Bilight midsole is designed to be extra flexible while offering more cushioning in the heel area. It also prevents the boot from sliding when taking on steep terrains.
Natural odor control in the Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX
The non-toxic, all-natural technology used in the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX to prevent odor is the Cleansport NXT. It destroys the odor-causing bacteria that are activated every time sweat is present on foot.
Wearproof protective upper
Using a 1.6mm suede leather and wear-resistant fabric in its upper, the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX provides flexibility and durability. Suede leathers are known to be long-lasting and light.
The 360-degree full rubber rand that surrounds the backpacking boot's upper strengthens its construction.
Salewa's secure fit system
The 3F system creates a connection on the heel, instep, and ankle to contain the heel securely in place. Also known as the Salewa “Y,” this technology renders ankle support, flexibility, and precise fit.
Comfortable ankle collar
The ergonomic design of the Flex Collar takes care of the comfort during descents. It promotes the ankle’s rear range of motion thus eliminating foot fatigue. It does not inhibit plantar flexion of the foot.
Gore-Tex breathable lining
The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort takes care of waterproofing and breathability. It offers moderate insulation to retain heat when needed.