UseAll-day wear, Travel
Shoes that maintain underfoot support for extended periods of wear. Great for long walks, shopping, running errands, and casual wear. See walking shoes for all-day wear
Lightweight all-around shoes that can be taken anywhere from a long plane ride to a city sightseeing tour. See walking shoes for traveling
These shoes tend to be more supportive to withstand long hours on the feet. Some of them are marked as slip-resistant. They typically come in plain color schemes. See *casual walking shoes*
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral walking shoes
For people with moderate overpronation (inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
For people with severe overpronation. See motion control walking shoes
Experts are walkers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Ryka Primo Knit is a walking shoe that is engineered for a fashionable, comfortable and flexible walking experience with its multi-colored heathered knit upper. It has a low-cut profile that affords complete mobility to the ankle. Just like the other models of walking footwear by Ryka, it has a rounded-toe construction to give room for the natural toe swelling and splaying that occurs throughout the day.
- An inner sleeve hugs the foot for a snug fit. It is made of a soft Lycra material.
- Flex gear overlays line the midfoot and the mouth of the footgear. They steady the foot to prevent wobbling during lateral movements.
- The Anatomical Precise-Return insole gives a plush yet natural feel to the underfoot. It is designed to accommodate the natural anatomy of the foot for additional arch and heel support.
- Below it is the drop-in, compression-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. It aims to offer heel-to-toe cushioning to absorb impact.
- The outsole is made from the same compression-molded EVA foam. It boasts of a Flex-ology build to promote natural foot flexion. Rubber pieces have been strategically installed on the high-wear areas.
The Ryka Primo Knit uses the brand’s distinct fit philosophy that is based on the women’s quadricep angle (Q-angle), the anatomical connection between the knee and hip. It takes into consideration the tendency of ladies to shift more weight to the outside of the feet. Thus, all Ryka trainers have roomier forefoots, narrower heels, and extra instep volume.
They follow the standard US training shoe sizing scheme, ranging from 7 to 10 with half sizes available. It only comes in a B - Medium width profile.
The Ryka Primo Knit has a bottom that is covered in Flex-ology compression-molded EVA foam. This material is softer and more flexible than the typical rubber outsole. The high-wear sections are made durable by rubber pieces.
The Ryka Primo Knit has a drop-in, compression-molded EVA midsole for an extra bounce in each footstrike. It is a lightweight material that provides even coverage of cushioning from heel to toe.
The Anatomical Precise-Return gives a pleasant underfoot experience. It is meant to stabilize the foot with its solid heel and arch support.
The Ryka Primo Knit features a low-cut heathered knit upper that is fashioned into a slip-on and a round-toe style. The construction and the materials are supposed to grant the freedom of movement for both the ankle and the foot.
An inner cleatie made of a soft Lycra material hugs the foot for a snug fit. It also wicks the sweat away from the skin.
Supportive flex gear overlays reinforce strategic parts of the model such as the midfoot, the collar, and the rearfoot. They boost the support to pave the way for steadier movements.
The shoe utilizes a lockdown zipper. It locks down the foot to prevent accidental slippage.
A pull tab can be found just above the heel counter. It makes the act of putting on the shoe a lot easier.