Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
Cross-trainingMulti-purpose training shoes which can be used for a wide variety of exercises. See *cross-training shoes*
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: X-Wide, Normal, Wide
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Ryka Hailee is a training shoe that is designed to keep up with the dynamic moves of high-impact exercises. It has a low-cut profile that enables unrestricted ankle flexibility.
- The upper is composed of breathable mesh for ventilation. The toe box is round-shaped to give enough room for the toes to splay.
- Lightweight leather and synthetic overlays adorn the high-wear areas to prevent wear and tear. They also serve as support to keep the foot steady.
- The foot is cradled by a Memory Foam insole for cushioning and shock absorption. It conforms to the curves of the sole for a personalized feel.
- A compression-molded EVA (CMEVA) midsole serves as a responsive and supportive platform. It also acts as a buffer that protects the foot against impact.
- The outsole is made of second density-molded ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA). This lightweight material boosts traction on different types of surfaces.
As a women-centric brand, Ryka created the Hailee model to accommodate the foot shape, the build, and the muscle movement of the fairer sex. Typically running true to size, it follows the standard shoe sizing scheme. There are two width options to choose from: B - Medium and D - Wide.
A lightweight, second density-molded EVA covers the entirety of the Ryka Hailee’s bottom for traction on multi-textured surfaces. It is a shock-absorbing material that protects against impact upon heel strike. It is also resistant to water damage and corrosion.
This trainer from Ryka employs a Memory Foam insole to cushion the foot for a cozy underfoot sensation. It molds to the foot’s curves for an equally distributed protection against impact.
The sole unit is made of the CMEVA for rebound and supplementary cushioning. It is a lightweight component that can stand up against stress-cracks, low temperatures, and UV radiation.
Breathable mesh envelops the top part of the foot as it slides into the Ryka Hailee. This fabric allows the air to circulate inside the foot chamber. The toe end is rounded to give space for the toe splaying that naturally occurs during workouts.
Lightweight leather and synthetic overlays fortify the sides and heels. They serve as lateral support for side-to-side movements.
A traditional lace-up closure is engineered to lock down the foot. It lets the user adjust the fit according to their preferences.
A pull tab is installed on the heel collar. It facilitates easier slip-on.