Experts are walkers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Ryka Dominion is a walking shoe designed for day-to-day casual walks and errand-running. It has a low-cut profile which allows for unhindered ankle mobility and a rounded toe design for comfortable toe splaying.
- The upper unit features a jacquard knit material, fortified by synthetic overlays. They form a midfoot cage on the sides to provide lateral support. The upper is further secured by a lace-up closure and a smooth lycra comfort collar.
- The footwear uses the Memory Foam sockliner to cradle the foot. It is meant to deliver underfoot cushioning and shock absorption.
- The lightweight midsole is made of ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA). It also employs the two-layer RE-ZORB technology throughout the full length of the sole unit. These compounds are designed to offer a responsive underfoot cushioning.
- The outsole is made of rubber for sticky traction on a diverse range of surfaces. Extra rubber pods are also added to serve as reinforcements.
The Ryka Dominion is created with the woman’s foot shape, build, and muscle movement in mind. Hence, it only comes in women’s sizes. It has two width options available, B - Medium and D - Wide. Buyers may need to consider going a half-size to size up as the shoe is claimed to have a small and narrow fit.
Rubber lines the bottom of the Ryka Dominion. This durable material is characterized by its slip-resistant properties that ensure a strong grip on different ground textures.
Pods are installed on the key areas of the outsole. They further enhance traction and durability of the footwear.
The EVA foam makes up the midsole of the Ryka Dominion. It is a lightweight, soft, and flexible component that displays resistance to water, stress-cracks, and ultraviolet damage. This material is molded to fit the foot’s contours.
The RE-ZORB technology is employed for added cushioning. This proprietary foam compound is also engineered to offer responsiveness and shock absorption. It is composed of two layers: a drop-in platform and a network of lite pods.
The top part of the Ryka Dominion is made of jacquard knit that lends a style to its overall aesthetics. The sides are strengthened by synthetic overlays which form a midfoot cage pattern. The cage adds structure to the facade and keeps the foot in place during side-to-side movements.
The shoe is secured by a traditional lace-up closure. This lacing system allows the user to adjust the fit. The tongue protects the instep from the irritation caused by the laces.
The padded tongue and collar are covered in smooth lycra. They work together to create a snug yet comfortable fit.