DiscontinuedUpdate: Reebok Yourflex Train 10 MT
Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: Normal, Wide
Updates to Reebok Yourflex Train 9.0 MT
- The Reebok Yourflex Train 9.0 MT is designed as a lightweight cross-training shoe. It belongs to the Yourflex line of Reebok training shoes and shares similar features with the previous versions. It is a men’s training shoe, but it has a female counterpart, the Reebok Yourflex Trainette 9.0 MT.
- It inherits a combination of neoprene and mesh in the upper unit. These materials help in keeping the footwear ventilated and supported.
- This model uses the same sole unit as the Yourflex Train 8.0 MT. The full-length midsole also functions as the outsole which delivers a durable underfoot platform with shock-absorption properties and flexibility.
- The trainer retains the Microweb lacing system. This type of closure uses cables that wrap the sides of the foot to enhance the lateral support of the upper. However, the Microweb structure is now hidden behind the mesh.
- A significant difference between this model and the previous one is the synthetic overlay at the side panel. It serves to protect the mesh during rope climbs.
Reebok Yourflex Train 9.0 MT size and fit
The Reebok Yourflex Train 9.0 MT only comes in the men’s version and is generally true to size. It is available in a D - Medium and in a 4E - Extra Wide width profiles. The foot-conforming combination of neoprene and mesh in the upper, plus the Microweb lacing system, resulting in a snug fit which should be considered when purchasing a pair. Consumers are advised to try the shoe in person to get a secure and comfortable fit.
The Yourflex Train 9.0 MT uses an exposed midsole for most of its outsole. The compound is durable, flexible, and has lugs that provide traction to the underside. It also features flex grooves that promote natural foot flexion for mobility.
The midfoot and heel sections are lined with carbon rubber to enhance the traction of the outsole. These rubber lugs have the same properties as car tires, which are durable, resilient, and slip-resistant.
The Yourflex Train 9.0 MT employs a full-length midsole. This material is hard-wearing since it also doubles as the outsole and flexible to promote proper foot movement. It soft enough to attenuate shock but does not easily compress.
The inside bottom is lined with Memory Tech, a type of foam that molds to the shape of the foot as it gets warm. It ensures a customized fit and provides an additional shock absorbing layer for extra comfort.
The Reebok Yourflex Train 9.0 MT uses a combination of different materials such as neoprene, mesh, and synthetic compounds. The neoprene is a synthetic rubber which has stretch capabilities that allows it to conform to the shape of the foot. The mesh fabric keeps the foot chamber well ventilated.
Synthetic overlays are strategically placed in the toe box and the sides of the midfoot. They serve to protect these areas from abrasion and impact during specific activities such as burpees and rope climbs.
The trainer features a Microweb lacing technology. This feature is made of cables that wrap the sides of the midfoot. When the laces are tightened, Microweb becomes taut and results in improved lateral support. The plush tongue evenly spreads the pressure made by the flat laces to keep the instep area comfortable at all times.
At the back, the lightly padded collar prevents blistering on the Achilles, and it also holds the foot down to avoid accidental shoe removal while the user is in motion. A heel counter holds the back of the foot steady to prevent slippage while training.