The Reebok Royal Complete CLN features a low-top build that hints of the brand’s fitness background. The low profile allows for rapid movements and speedy directional turns. Perforations at the sides allow in ample ventilation, so feet do not get too hot even during intense workouts.
The collar and tongue are sufficiently padded for a comfy feel. The seven-pair eyelet lacing system is designed to give you a snugger fit.
The Royal Complete CLN has a retro design reminiscent of Reebok’s fitness history. As one user put it, “the shoe’s design preserves the essence of the brand” while another said it was “a model that does not go out of fashion.” True enough, it doesn’t. Classics are always stylish, no matter the period.
Women won’t go wrong with wearing yoga pants or other sporty outfits with this shoe. The shoe also goes well with skinny jeans. Men can wear this footwear with jeans for a casual look or khaki pants for a smarter getup.
The silhouette of the Reebok Royal Complete CLN pays homage to Reebok’s fitness roots and is one of its most notable features. Aside from the simple low-cut design, the remarkable cushioning the shoe offers makes it a standout. It keeps people on their feet all day in both comfort and style.
The Reebok company was founded in the U.K. in 1958 by two grandsons of J.W. Foster, a known shoemaker for runners who was one of the first to design a spiked running shoe. The grandsons named their company, Reebok, after an African gazelle.
In 1978, while at an international trade show, a partner in a sporting goods company saw the products made by Reebok. Three years later, the man—Paul Fireman—bought Reebok and brought it over to America.
The brand first focused on the fitness industry by producing the first athletic shoe for women in 1982, the Freestyle. It was designed to cater to women doing aerobic workouts, which were the fitness craze in the 80s. It became wildly successful and paved the way for the company to break into the fashion and mainstream sportswear scene.
The Reebok Royal Complete CLN’s silhouette takes inspiration from the brand’s long and distinguished fitness history as seen in the shoe’s subtle logo details, minimalist look, and soft leather material.
- The shoe has a removable PU sockliner to accommodate orthotics if the wearer needs it.
- The Reebok Royal Complete CLN’s rubber herringbone outsole gives it improved traction on many surfaces.
- A leather upper gives the footwear increased support.
- The shoe is available in quite a number of colorways including charged pink/white, collegiate navy/white, white/collegiate navy, white/charming pink, black/black, brown/stone grey, scarlet, white/collegiate burgundy, flat grey, and turquoise.
- The Reebok Royal Complete CLN weighs approximately 311 grams per shoe.