Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 20.6ozWomen: 20.3oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 22mmWomen: 22mm
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Release dateDec 2016
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 15 expert reviews
Remember that while you can WOD in these shoes, I wouldn’t recommend it; they’re just not agile enough to stay comfortable with a bunch of movements.
I just like the way that the Legacy Lifters feel on my foot. I like the support they give. I like that extra height...It puts me in a more upright position.
Over all the the Reebok Legacy lifters are a very stylish and comfortable shoe for powerlifting and weightlifting.
The Reebok Legacy Lifters are very stable weightlifting shoes, and the best option for lifters that need a high heel raise.
Updates to Reebok Legacy Lifter
- The Reebok Legacy Lifter made a loud entrance into the world of weightlifting shoes, taking its place among the cream of the crop in this category. It’s got everything one would expect from a professional weightlifting shoe.
- The hard-wearing rubber on the outsole is used to provide durable protection for the platform. It also delivers traction and keeps the wearer grounded on the floor.
- A sturdy TPU heel wedge in the midsole aims to offer a stable base for squatting and lifting. The rear is also reinforced with the firm TPU Exoframe for enhanced stability.
- Two adjustable Velcro straps are placed on the upper. They serve to provide a secure lockdown throughout the training session.
- The shoe features a stack height of 22 mm. It is about 3 mm higher compared to the previous weightlifting shoes passed by Reebok. Such an elevated heel allows athletes to go deeper in their squats without putting a strain on the ankle.
Reebok Legacy Lifter size and fit
The Reebok Legacy Lifter is available in both male and female versions. The sizing scheme of the shoe corresponds to the Reebok Nano series. The shoe is offered in a standard width profile: D - Medium for men and B - Medium for women. Due to the shoe's unique design and construction, it is advisable to try it in person before purchasing.
The high abrasion rubber on the outsole of the Reebok Legacy Lifter is utilized to offer a durable and grippy platform. The footprint of the shoe is designed to be flat and wide. Such disposition helps in creating a stable base for landing at the bottom of a squat.
The heel part of the midsole is made of hard TPU. It is a non-compressible material which provides sturdiness and resilience to abrasion. It has replaced wood as a new standard for weightlifting shoes due to its lighter weight and better durability.
The Legacy Lifter features a removable insole. It is meant to provide a bit of an arch support for a more secure fit.
The shoe features an Ortholite Antimicrobial Sockliner. It works together with the anti-microbial lining to wick away any moisture and eliminate the chance of bacteria buildup.
75% of the upper is made of leather which wraps around the foot for a snug feel. The leather is perforated around the toe box for ventilation, while some mesh is placed in the ankle area for added comfort and breathability.
The heel of the trainer is embraced by the Exoframe TPU strap. It serves to give the rearfoot added support and steadiness during lifts.
The Reebok Legacy lifter utilizes the Flexcage technology in the form of two Velcro straps for enhanced lateral support. The upper strap goes across the midfoot, while the lower one is placed just above the toes. Such a system ensures full security for the foot while allowing the athlete to adjust tightness according to their preference.
The upper strap has a Velcro-free gap in the middle. The shoelaces can be placed in this section without being ruined by the Velcro.
- The Reebok Legacy Lifter can be customized on the brand's official website. One can choose the color of each part of the trainer, including the straps, the Delta logo, the laces, and even the lining. Customers also have the option of putting their name on the front strap to personalize the shoe.