Reebok Esoterra DMX Lite
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
78% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Updates to Reebok Esoterra DMX Lite
- The Reebok Esoterra DMX Lite is a walking trainer that is designed for everyday walks and casual use. It has a low-cut construction that is claimed to afford freedom of motion to the wearer. It features a seamless mesh upper that is made to offer a breathable feel and a snug fit.
- The footbed is created from a soft EVA foam and the DMX moving air technology to cradle the foot. This cushioning is engineered for ventilation, pleasant underfoot sensation, and shock absorption.
- The midsole and outsole are engineered as one continuous structure for a minimalist approach. This platform is claimed to work overtime to protect the foot from impact and keep it planted on the ground.
- The edges of the heel sole are beveled. This style assists in enhancing the natural walking gait.
- The heel area does not have a rigid counter to keep the footwear’s flexibility. It is instead reinforced with webbing for easy slip on and off.
Size and fit
The Reebok Esoterra DMX Lite is specially manufactured to accommodate the shape and proportions of women’s feet. It tends to run true to size and follows standard shoe measurements. The only width option available is B - Medium.
The bottom of the Reebok Esoterra DMX Lite is made of EVA. The outsole is part of the midsole as a way to keep the shoe’s construction light and sleek.
It features a beveled heel to promote a natural walking stride. It allows for an easier transition during the heel-to-toe roll phase.
The proprietary DMX moving air technology is the main star of the midsole of the Reebok Esoterra DMX Lite. It aims to provide adaptive cushioning by moving air to where the pressure is, protecting the foot from impact. It is coupled with a soft EVA foam, a material resistant to stress-cracks, water and UV damage, and low temperatures.
The midsole also serves as the outsole. Despite the minimalist approach, this one-piece build still aims to attenuate shock and steady the foot, as well as serving as an outsole.
A no-sew mesh upper is utilized to maintain the lightweight nature of this walking trainer from Reebok. It is also engineered to be snug-fitting and breathable.
The heel is free of a counter, a plastic insert that enhances rearfoot support to prevent heel slippage. It has been replaced with webbing for a smoother slip-on and off action.
It employs a traditional lacing system that allows the wearer to adjust the fit. It also boosts lateral support as the sides are pulled taut when tightened.