Good to know
Part of Reebok's DMX series, this re-release is available in both men’s and women’s sizing. Depending on the width of one’s forefoot, most reviewers recommend purchasing this in half to full size down.
The padded collar and tongue provide much-needed comfort and cushioning. Pull tab features on the heel and tongue accommodate for quick and easy putting on and adjusting to one’s snug preference.
After the first release of the DMX Run 10 sometime in the late 1990s, people took notice of how much functionality and comfort the shoe provides not only to the runners but to the average individual.
Due to the success of the pioneer DMX model, Reebok continued releasing a range of footwear under the DMX Collection and is now made popular thanks in part to the many collaborations and retro releases over the years; and created a cult following for both runners, sneaker fans and those who want a practical yet functional shoe wearer.
Keeping the wavy lines screams nostalgic design in paying homage to the 90s era. With the comeback of the nineties fashion, there is no limit to how one can wear this chunky runner retro.
Right after an hour of sweat at the gym and running errands afterward can be stylish at the same time. Put on a pair of jogger pants, a fresh, clean shirt under a pastel-colored jacket with some DMX 2200s on the feet.
For that casual chief chairwoman look, don on a round neck white tee, high-waisted denim mom jeans that cut to the ankle, black leather blazer or trench coat with a pair of DMX 2200. Throw on some loop earrings and a just-right-size black bag.
In keeping with the vintage feel, the Reebok vector logo is visible on the lateral side, vamp, and the tongue of the shoe. Upon closer look, the Reebok insignia on the outer sidewall is protruding.
The lacing style in the mid area is narrower compared to the upper and lower part to allow for a wiggle room in the toe box section while ensuring to secure the feet above the arch area.
DMX foam is on the midsole. Exclusive revolutionary technology to Reebok, the DMX cushioning system allows air to flow from a ten-round pod to distribute weight and support throughout the sole.
Reebok launched its DMX collection in 1997 through its first model, the DMX Run. Dubbed as one of the most comfortable running shoes out there for the “moving air” technology used.
Every shoe launched under the DMX range featured the DMX foam in the midsole. This exclusive technology was a first of its kind during that era -- it used balance pods that transfer air for every step, acting as an airbag of sorts resulting in a plush cushioning of the feet.
Aptly named the DMX Series, the collection was a hit initially to the running community for the comfort it affords every runner fanatic.
In 2017, with the rise of vintage fashion and classic sneakers, Reebok re-introduced the DMX, and the world took notice. Sneaker market, an industry of its own, looks forward to re-releases of timeless shoes, and DMX 2200 was among the most sought-after models.
Collaborations on the DMX line with artists, musicians, models, and fashion designers have are being out over the years. Among the popular collaborations are:
Reebok DMX Series 2K Zip x Gigi Hadid
- Popular among sneaker fashionistas for the stylish 90’s outdoor vibe it imbues.
- For a classic collaboration with a famous supermodel, this pair comes at an affordable price point.
- A more sleek take on the chunky DMX 2200, this version has a zipper closure to cover the laces.
- Veering away from the lace-up tie, the DMX 2K Zip uses cord-lock stoppers.
- It comes in dessert tan and black-and-white colorway for that earthy feel.
Reebok DMX Run 10 x Predator
- Sneaker fans are thrilled in how Reebok captured the essence of the Predator movie in the design.
- According to many buyers, the design is one-of-a-kind for a sneaker.
- Most purchasers appreciate the thoroughness of the details incorporated in this movie-inspired collaboration.
- This low-top is not only stylish but provides ample comfort and cushioning.
- The DMX Series 2200 is being continually expanded in various colorways and iterations by Reebok since its relaunch in 2017.
- DMX means Dynamax.