Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The low-top Reebok Classic Nylon Slim EP is a sneaker designed for women. This sneaker has a slim fit which can offer some foot issues to those with a wide foot measurement. Those with narrow feet may enjoy the slender built of this edition which comes in sizes ranging from 2.5 to 12 US.
Reebok maintains the retro allure of its Classic Nylon while offering it with a slimmer silhouette under the tag Reebok Classic Nylon Slim EP. Since this style was released in the mid-1980s, consumers have been drawn to its timeless charm as it is one of the most uncomplicated casual sneakers available in the market. The well-executed combination of suede and nylon on its upper plus the color schemes that come with this iteration makes this sneaker a pleasant choice to match with clothes for casual and informal functions.
It is barely hard to go wrong with a simple and unembellished classic sneaker especially when it is comfortably constructed inside and out. The Reebok Classic Nylon Slim EP falls within such category according to those who have tried it. The combination of nylon and suede on its upper does not only offer an authentic vintage look to this shoe but makes it breathable and flexible as well. These elements are complemented by the trademark towel-like lining which is placed inside the shoe.
One brand that has crossed the centenary mark is Reebok. Over the years its shoes have spoken and maintained its relevance in the market by addressing the needs of consumers whether it is for athletic purposes or everyday lifestyle work. One of the regular staples in the brand’s listing since the mid-1980s is the Classic Nylon which has been the subject of many updates in the coming years.
Known for its relaxed and straightforward style, the Classic Nylon made its first appearance in 1987 with the obvious nylon underlay with overlapping cuts of suede. At its bottom is a bed of EVA foam which serves as cushioning for the foot.
The original design was marketed for short-distance runners at a reasonable cost. The earliest colorways available were in white/gray, navy/platinum, and black/white, which are all far out from the vibrant selections over the succeeding years. In 2004, the Classic Nylon made its comeback covered in colorful details, such as gray/white/orange and blue/red/yellow.
Just like its first model, the modified Reebok CL Nylon has an interior that is padded, from the walls to the sockliner, while its sculpted EVA midsole is paired with a high-abrasion rubber outsole that provides traction and durability.
The Reebok CL Nylon came after the drop of the brand’s formidable Franchise 5, all covered with soft garment leather. The Franchise 5 made primarily for fitness, running, tennis, and cross-training are the Freestyle (the first women’s exclusive sneaker), the Ex-O-Fit (the men’s version of the Freestyle), Classic Leather, and Workout.
The Reebok CL Nylon continues to make vibrant trails as more and more color schemes and modified styles are being introduced in the market by the brand and through team-ups with streetwear and fashion boutiques. Two of its contemporary designs which make the overall silhouette of the Classic Nylon appear slender are the Reebok Classic Nylon Slim Core and the Reebok Classic Nylon Slim EP, both designed for the women’s feet.
- The “CL” in Reebok CL Nylon is short for Classic.
- The nylon and suede upper of the Classic Nylon Slim EP are attached to the EVA midsole which serves as cushioning for the foot. The ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam is a typical kind of shock-absorbing property commonly used in sneakers that help alleviate discomfort to the feet.
- The white stripes stitched on the lateral and medial sides of the shoe named the Sidestripe-Crosscheck is part of Reebok’s logo seen in most of its sneakers since 1976.
- Reebok released the Classic Nylon Slim Pop collection in 2014, a set of brightly colored sneakers to match the Spring season. Catered to women consumers, these kicks came in eye-candy colors of purple, lemon, pink, blue, and green, with contrasting silver on the heel and white side stripe and white wavy line on the midsole.
- Another colorful set popped in 2016, called the Classic Nylon Summer Pastel Pack done in suede, mesh, and nylon.