Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are running shoe geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Reebok Classic Nylon History
Although the Reebok Classic Nylon has lightweight components, it is considered a heavyweight when talking about performance and style. First launched in 1987, these kicks were marketed to runners.
With its simple design and pocket-friendly price, the shoe also made a grand entrance on the lifestyle scene. It was a fashion staple in the UK sneaker culture in the 80s.
The tried and tested Classic Nylon pair is great for short-distance running. The reissue is just like the original with its combo of suede and nylon upper for comfort, lightweight, sculpted EVA midsole for cushioning and high-abrasion rubber for grip and sturdiness.
The Classic Nylon is part of the Reebok Classic line which evolved from other icons including the Classic Leather, Ex-O-Fit, Freestyle, Newport Classic and Workout. These are all intended for athletic purposes that eventually became a popular casual footwear.
Throughout the years, the shoe has been reworked in a variety of colorways. Reebok, together with collaborators, also used this shoe as a creative canvas.
Reebok Classic Nylon Style
The Reebok Classic Nylon has a sporty style with quality protection. Great for everyday wear, the suede adds a premium look to the shoe. These kicks are great with casual outfits including shirts, jeans and sweatpants.
Fit & Sizing
The Reebok Classic Nylon is offered to both men and women. Its sizes are from 6.5 to 15 for men and 5 to 11.5 for women. The lace up closure at the front gives the Classic Nylon owner a snug fit. These kicks generally run true to size. The lightly padded collar and tongue serve as the ankle supports.
Most users showed enthusiasm for the style of the Reebok Classic Nylon. Its simplicity and affordability won the hearts of people throughout the decades. The old-school style allows users to tap into the fashion of the 1980s. The shoe takes its position in the athleisure trend with the combination of ageless style and performance components.
- The personalization option for Reebok Classic Nylon can only be done through its official online store. Characters A to Z and numbers 1 to 9 can be used. There is a 12-character limit. Personalization costs 5 USD per shoe.
- Reebok joined forces with men’s street apparel brand The Hundreds to rework the Classic Nylon shoe. Released in 2016, these collab kicks have a navy and white colorway. The insole and sockliner have a banana print design. The branding can be seen in various parts of the shoe.
- Reebok released a Summer Pastel pack of the Classic Nylon for women. Three shades were offered: pastel blue, green and pink. This collection went available in 2016.
- The Classic Nylon has a Slim version. Reebok had a collaborative work on this silhouette (as well as other classics) with singer-songwriter Alicia Keys. She was even involved in the design process in this collaboration. The partnership started in 2012.
- Reebok also used the Classic Nylon silhouette when they teamed up with men’s fashion label JackThreads. The Snowy Grey and Collegiate Navy colorways have a slight hint of orange.
- The Classic Nylon is Kendrick Lamar’s shoe of choice along with the Ventilator. The American rapper said that he has been a fan of the brand since he was a child. Reebok signed a deal with him in 2014.
- Another collaboration which targeted women is the Reebok x FACE Stockholm Classic Nylon. Reebok worked with the Swedish cosmetics brand to create these feminine kicks.