Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Reebok Classic Nylon History
Although the Reebok Classic Nylon has lightweight components, it is considered a heavyweight when talking about performance and style. First launched in 1987, these kicks were marketed to runners.
With its simple design and pocket-friendly price, the shoe also made a grand entrance on the lifestyle scene. It was a fashion staple in the UK sneaker culture in the 80s.
The tried and tested Classic Nylon pair is great for short-distance running. The reissue is just like the original with its combo of suede and nylon upper for comfort, lightweight, sculpted EVA midsole for cushioning and high-abrasion rubber for grip and sturdiness.
The Classic Nylon is part of the Reebok Classic line which evolved from other icons including the Classic Leather, Ex-O-Fit, Freestyle, Newport Classic and Workout. These are all intended for athletic purposes that eventually became a popular casual footwear.
Throughout the years, the shoe has been reworked in a variety of colorways. Reebok, together with collaborators, also used this shoe as a creative canvas.
Reebok Classic Nylon Style
The Reebok Classic Nylon has a sporty style with quality protection. Great for everyday wear, the suede adds a premium look to the shoe. These kicks are great with casual outfits including shirts, jeans and sweatpants.
Fit & Sizing
The Reebok Classic Nylon is offered to both men and women. Its sizes are from 6.5 to 15 for men and 5 to 11.5 for women. The lace up closure at the front gives the Classic Nylon owner a snug fit. These kicks generally run true to size. The lightly padded collar and tongue serve as the ankle supports.
Most users showed enthusiasm for the style of the Reebok Classic Nylon. Its simplicity and affordability won the hearts of people throughout the decades. The old-school style allows users to tap into the fashion of the 1980s. The shoe takes its position in the athleisure trend with the combination of ageless style and performance components.
- The personalization option for Reebok Classic Nylon can only be done through its official online store. Characters A to Z and numbers 1 to 9 can be used. There is a 12-character limit. Personalization costs 5 USD per shoe.
- Reebok joined forces with men’s street apparel brand The Hundreds to rework the Classic Nylon shoe. Released in 2016, these collab kicks have a navy and white colorway. The insole and sockliner have a banana print design. The branding can be seen in various parts of the shoe.
- Reebok released a Summer Pastel pack of the Classic Nylon for women. Three shades were offered: pastel blue, green and pink. This collection went available in 2016.
- The Classic Nylon has a Slim version. Reebok had a collaborative work on this silhouette (as well as other classics) with singer-songwriter Alicia Keys. She was even involved in the design process in this collaboration. The partnership started in 2012.
- Reebok also used the Classic Nylon silhouette when they teamed up with men’s fashion label JackThreads. The Snowy Grey and Collegiate Navy colorways have a slight hint of orange.
- The Classic Nylon is Kendrick Lamar’s shoe of choice along with the Ventilator. The American rapper said that he has been a fan of the brand since he was a child. Reebok signed a deal with him in 2014.
- Another collaboration which targeted women is the Reebok x FACE Stockholm Classic Nylon. Reebok worked with the Swedish cosmetics brand to create these feminine kicks.