|Weight:||Men: 10.2oz | Women: 8.4oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 9mm | Women: 9mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 29mm | Women: 29mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 20mm | Women: 29mm|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
- The 4th version of the Carthage from Reebok reduces the amount and thickness of the overlays that are placed above the upper mesh unit. Doing so significantly pushes the weight down while still retaining the added layer of responsive security for the upper. They also maintain consistent breathability.
- Though it still has reflective detailing in certain sections of the upper, it’s not as prominent as before. Most of the upper, including the overlay system, don’t have reflective materials.
- The lightweight mesh in the upper has a more open construction, thus offering a well-ventilated running experience while still retaining durability. The material was woven to have wider holes. A protective net lies above the mesh material, shielding the interior from dust, small stones and other debris.
- A Transition Bridge in the mid-foot section makes the transitions from the heel to the toe smoother and easier.
- The outsole unit features deeper flex grooves, which encourage more flexibility in the forefoot area. The mid-sole material and the outsole rubber are not stiff, assisting the grooves to deliver a consistent natural freedom of movement.
The Reebok Carthage RS 4.0 has a standard running shoe length. It can accommodate runners who need the specific shoe size for their comfort. The medium-width of this model keeps the fit adequately snug, yet adaptable to those with wider foot-dimensions.
The outsole utilizes a rubber material that’s highly resistant to abrasion. It’s a high quality material that delivers durable protection against wear and tearing. A set of non-prominent gripping lugs help the outsole to grip onto the surfaces, from the roads to manageable tracks. The grip and durability of the outsole is relatively similar to the outsole composition of the Brooks Cascadia 13.
Flex grooves on the outsole encourage natural flexibility in the forefoot. They are cut deeper for the Carthage RS 4.0, thus making it more responsive to the motions made by the foot.
The DMXRide is the proprietary cushioning system made by Reebok. It’s made from high quality materials and it’s meant to deliver responsible underfoot comfort, shock absorption and durability. It doesn’t weigh a lot, so it doesn’t feel as if the platform is dragging the foot down.
A Transition Bridge in the mid-sole assists the runners through the gait cycle. Each transition from the heel to the toe is now smoother, effective and more comfortable.
A lightweight mesh material provides support, breathable coverage and flexibility. Its construction for the Reebok Carthage RS 4.0 is more open this time around, further encouraging air to seamlessly enter the shoe and keep the foot dry & cool.
The Overlay system on the sides and heel area deliver security and a customizable fit. For this version, these aren’t as thick, thus reducing the overall weight. Reflectivity is now limited to some highlighted sections in the upper, maintaining a minimal design yet retaining the visual appeal.