Reebok BB 4600
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
77% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Size and fit
The Reebok BB4600 is exclusively available in men’s sizing. Plenty of reviewers share that the forefoot area feels narrow and recommend going half a size up to allow ample space for the toes.
The 8-prong lace punchouts ensure the tightness of the flat laces for a snug fit. Depending on one’s fashion preference, opting to lace-up until the sixth eyelet gives it a more loose fit and showcasing Reebok’s Starcrest logo. Additionally, providing support to the ankle is the well-padded heel collar.
Reebok BB 4600 Style
Evoking a nostalgic silhouette, this basketball style 4600 makes for a fashion outfit that surpasses time, generation, and style trends, similar to the rest of retro style shoes from Reebok.
- Capture the perfect old-school-meet-contemporary attire by throwing on a vintage-printed shirt, tucked into a flowy midi skirt, and some BB4600 on feet in the white/yellow/blue color variation.
- Fashion should be beyond on-court and off to the streets in black skinny ripped jeans, denim long-sleeved polo, a fedora hat, and the 1986 OG color in white/red for that no-fail look.
One defining difference from the 1986 version is the modified height that most sneaker collectors instantly notice. The 2019 model of the BB 4600 comes with a much shorter heel collar but retains the same amount of padding to provide enough ankle support.
Staying true to the OG is the tread pattern on the outsole. Maintaining the concentric circle at the forefoot allowed basketball players to pivot and rotate while maintaining grip.
Although there are other tweaks, they are minute that some may bypass it.
2019 vs. 1986
- The Union Jack flag. The newer version is in tonal hue depending on its color variation, while the OG version bears the actual blue/red/white pattern.
- Some 2019 colorways have the contrast pipelining on the tongue, where the older model had the plain white.
- Reebok wordmark, in this new model, is smaller than the 1986 release.
- On the heel, the Reebok font is printed in this latest iteration compared to the OG’s debossed one.
Reebok BB 4600 History
Having great success in the aerobics market in the early 80s, Reebok decided to release a basketball line targeting the male market.
Pioneering the basketball range for Reebok is the release of the BB4600 model in 1986, years before the more popular Reebok Pump came into the picture. With its predominantly NBA-sanctioned white upper and some stripes of color, it was a hit to the high-school students who were looking for on-court-off-court stylish footwear.
In the later part of 2019, Reebok re-issued the BB 4600 in its OG red/white colorway and added some color options in neutral tones that fit the sneaker trendsetters of the contemporary age.
Nice to know
- Midsole in this retro is smooth, plain white, unlike the textured one in the OG version.
- There are fewer perforations in the 2019 version compared to the 1986 release.
- A collaboration model by Rbk and Billionaire Boys Club is also available.