Any color$225 $64 Save 72%
Any color$300 $112 Save 63%
Any color$110 $66 Save 40%
Any color$275 $205 Save 25%
Any color$280 $158 Save 44%
Any color$180 $100 Save 44%
Any color$225 $100 Save 56%
Any color$150 $31 Save 79%
Any color$200 $70 Save 65%
$275 $210 Save 24%
Any color$225 $156 Save 31%
Any color$80 $49 Save 39%
Any color$130 $70 Save 46%
Any color$140 $49 Save 65%
Any color$80 $50 Save 38%
Any color$80 $43 Save 46%
Any color$80 $35 Save 56%
Any color$180 $95 Save 47%
Any color$255 $180 Save 29%
Any color$75 $45 Save 40%
Any color$80 $51 Save 36%
Any color$130 $61 Save 53%
Any color$80 $45 Save 44%
Any color$230 $190 Save 17%
Any color$80 $70 Save 13%
Any color$50 $46 Save 8%
Any color$305 $210 Save 31%
Any color$56 $42 Save 25%
Any color$170 $150 Save 12%
In the professional soccer world, one has to earn the right to wear bright-colored cleats. The rules may not be written, but some academy coaches including Sir Alex Ferguson do not allow new players to sport attractive colored cleats. To them, the basic blackout leather cleats would suit rookies. Wearing flashy colors such as yellow signify experience and privilege.
Yellow, a hue that greatly contrasts the green pitch, is associated with several interesting meanings. According to the psychology of color, the attention-getting color symbolizes bipolar emotions ranging from extreme happiness to frustration and even anger. However, the color is also used in marketing to stimulate the environment, including appetite.
It is then unquestionable why yellow has become a trend with soccer cleats nowadays. Yellow soccer cleats have become prevalent regardless of the color tradition. To amateur and professional players, the color has grown to be increasingly attractive. Getting to know more about this energetic palette, its various types and tips on how to maintain them may become the one final step to figuring out the color that’ll work best for you.
Different Shades of Yellow by Brand
Manufacturers have their own creative labels for colorways. Although they may actually refer to the same color within the spectrum, there are distinctive “yellows” that range from the faintest to the most intense. Here are some of the popular “yellows” in soccer cleats:
The Hi-Lite belongs to the farther end of the yellow spectrum, producing an intense, almost reflective color. It was used as one of the base colors for the synthetic New Balance Furon 3.0 Firm Ground. The contrasting Blue Maldives across the upper accent made it even more noticeable.
The New Balance Furon 3.0 Firm Ground has a leather variation sporting a classic black colorway. The cleat is known for its FantomFit feature made of TPU polyester mesh that provides adaptive support for the upper. It was introduced in a military green-alpha pink colorway during its first official release.
- Fizzy Yellow
With the official release of the Puma Future Net Fit 18.1, it was tainted with a Fizzy yellow. The pulsating color gives the unique Netfit silo a refreshing look. Its special edition releases were also in yellow with a predominantly black upper. The silo has a distinct lacing system that allows players to adjust the laces from the various points within the Netfit upper.
- Safety Yellow
This is another dynamic color wrapped in one of Puma’s lightest cleat collections, the Evospeed. The bright hue is paired with Atomic blue accents to make up the modern-looking design of the Evospeed SL FG. The yellow soccer cleat was worn by several popular players including Antoine Griezmann.
- Solar Yellow
The Nemeziz 17+ 360 Agility and the X17+ Purespeed were just some of the Adidas soccer cleats that were featured in Solar yellow. The color is often associated with the highlighter yellow, brimming with vibrant, energetic vibes.
The yellow soccer cleats are two of the Adidas high-tier models. The Nemeziz 17+ 360 Agility is a laceless soccer cleat with the Torsiontape upper while the X17+ Purespeed is designed with a unique laced upper covered by a synthetic shell.
- Tokyo Lemon
The one of a kind zipper cleats from Under Armour, the Spotlight was released in a Tokyo Lemon silhouette in February 2018. The Dutch professional soccer player Memphis Depay was the yellow soccer cleat’s main poster boy. As the name suggests, the color is similar to the fruits’ subtle golden palette.
The zipper of the UA Spotlight was built to give way to a more spacious strike zone while internally a lacing system is installed to allow personalized adjustment of fit.
Volt yellow is a common hue for Nike soccer cleats including the Hypervenom Phantom II, Tiempo Legend VI and indoor cleats such as the MagistaX Proximo II. The striking greenish yellow is a stand-out hue in a green pitch. It exudes an attention-grabbing vibe that is favored by players such as Wayne Rooney and Andre Iniesta.
- Blazing Yellow
This color is one of the base colors for the hard ground and soft ground variations of the Velocita III Pro of Umbro. The zesty color is paired with Electric Blue accents in the collar and forefoot area. The blazing yellow is also apparent in the collar extension as subtle specks.
The third generation Velocita Pro HG is designed with a tri-layer upper construction. The yellow soccer cleat is a low top model that is styled with neoprene and airmesh collar.
- Fluorescent Yellow
This rejuvenating palette is seen in some of Diadora’s indoor and turf soccer cleats including the Cinquinha TF and 7-Tri TF. Diadora is known for its classic hues but occasionally, it adapts bright-colored silhouettes for their soccer cleats.
Notable Soccer Players Wearing Yellow Soccer Cleats:
- Micah Richards.The Aston Villa defender Micah Richards was seen sporting his bright yellow soccer cleats with matchy-matchy yellow socks in Bournemouth, England. Interestingly, the cleat was an Adidas X15. Richards had always been a Nike player, but when he moved from Manchester City to Aston Villa, he had tried tested other brands.
- Antoine Griezmann. In 2016, Antoine Griezmann was spotted a few times, donning his safety yellow soccer cleats featuring Puma’s Evospeed SL 17. Griezmann is a professional soccer player from France who plays for Atletico Madrid. He is Puma’s main endorser for some of the high-end cleats including Puma Future 18.1.
- Francesco Totti. Francesco Totti wore his custom-made Nike Tiempo Legend VI from the Radiation Flare Pack in 2017. The yellow soccer cleat features a dominant Volt color with accents of black. On the same year, the Italian soccerer retired from his successful career as an attacking midfielder for Roma.
- Oumar Niasse. In January of 2018, the Senegalese soccerer of Everton, Oumar Niasse was seen putting on his special edition Nike Hypervenom Phantom III- EA Sports collaborative cleat. The yellow soccer cleat is partly Volt with a mix of black. Niasse is also a part of the Senegal National Team.
The same yellow soccer cleat was also worn by Paris St-Germain striker Edinson Cavani in September 2017. Cavani was wearing the attractive cleats with a matching yellow jersey.
- Olivier Giroud. Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud wore what was considered as an “obsolete” yellow Puma EvoPower Vigor 1. Instead of sporting Puma’s new silos such as the Puma Future 18.1, the French soccerer chose to put on the outdated model in striking yellow, paired with blue knee-high socks. Giroud plays for the Chelsea Premier League club and the France National Team.
- Luis Suarez. Luis Suarez of the Barcelona soccer club donned a pair of Adidas X 17.1 in solar yellow in 2017. He wore the yellow soccer cleats with his matching maroon jersey and socks. The Uruguayan striker is considered to be one of the best players in the world.
The solar yellow X 17.1 was also spotted with Gareth Bale. Bale is a winger playing for Real Madrid.
- Alex Morgan. Orlando Pride’s forward Alex Morgan was seen using a Volt yellow Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF in one of her training sessions in preparation for the 2016 Women’s World Cup. Morgan has been spotted a few more times during that year wearing yellow soccer cleats.
- Hope Solo. American goalkeeper Hope Solo donned a pair of Nike Mercurials in Volt-Bright Citrus colorways in one of her training sessions. She has been regarded as one of the best female goalkeepers in the world.
Three Reasons why you should dare to wear Yellow:
- In color Psychology, yellow stimulates creativity and confidence, which are two essential attributes needed when playing soccer. Sporting yellow cleats in a match will stimulate the playmaker’s mind. Furthermore, it is scientifically proven that yellow can increase mental activity and awareness due to its bright and intense nature. Putting on those yellow soccer cleats is not just to catch attention after all, contrary to what others think.
- Yellow exudes energy needed for your game. Yellow maybe perceived differently based on someone's personality, experiences or culture. However, it generally is considered to be a high-energy color. Consequently, wearing yellow soccer cleats can produce that excitement needed to hype up your games.
- Notable soccer players have worn yellow soccer cleats. Some of the popular soccer players including Gotze and Iniesta dared to wear the attention-grabbing color despite traditional views on bright-colored cleats. If you are bold and daring just like them, then yellow soccer cleats may just work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to maintain my yellow soccer cleats?
Unlike white soccer cleats, bright-colored ones such as yellow soccer cleats are easier to maintain because they can conceal dirt and damages unnoticeably. However, one main problem with colored soccer cleats is how to preserve its color and prevent it from fading out. Here are some ways to maintain your yellow soccer cleats:
- The key to maintaining a soccer cleat is knowing the type of materials used for its upper. Yellow soccer cleats made of leather require leather cream or leather polish once or twice a month to maintain its color while synthetic cleats should be cleaned with gentle detergent suited for colored fabric.
- Follow your shoe care label. Usually, it would indicate procedures to avoid, such as bleaching, machine washing, and tumble drying. The care label provides instructions on how to properly care for your yellow soccer cleats.
- Let your soccer cleats dry in natural heat. Using electric dryers will cause premature wear and tear and discoloration of your yellow soccer cleats.
- If possible, have more than one pair of soccer shoes. May it be another yellow soccer cleat or a cleat of a totally different color, having an extra pair will lessen the chances of premature wear and tear.
How do I maintain and clean my colored shoelaces?
Here are some of the ways:
- When taking your shoes off, make sure to loosen or untie your laces. Keep it that way until your next use. In this way, the laces will last longer as the yarns take a break from being stretched out.
- When cleaning your soccer cleats, always separate the laces from the shoe. It is to ensure that it gets cleaned thoroughly.
- Avoid using electronic heating equipment such as iron to dry the laces. Let it dry in a natural heat instead.
- Do not use a washing machine. It can tear the threads and braiding of the laces.
- Avoid using bleaching agents. It can cause discoloration to the laces.
- It is always best to have an alternative set of laces to ensure longevity.
What jersey or knee-sock colors are best paired with yellow soccer cleats?
Even on the pitch, one can still be fashionable. For some, the mix and match of colors are as equally important as the game. According to common fashion guidelines, the shades of blue, black, white and green are the suggested hues that would be a perfect match for your yellow soccer cleats.
15 best yellow soccer cleats
- Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground
- Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground
- Adidas Predator 18+ Firm Ground
- Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground
- Adidas Predator 18.2 Firm Ground
- Adidas Predator Tango 18.3 Indoor
- Adidas Predator 18.3 Firm Ground
- Adidas Copa 19+ Firm Ground
- Adidas Predator Tango 18.1 Trainers
- Adidas X Tango 18.3 Turf
- Adidas X 17.1 Firm Ground
- Adidas Copa Gloro 19.2 Firm Ground
- Adidas X Tango 18.3 Indoor
- Nike Phantom Vision Academy Dynamic Fit MG
- Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...