Any color$130 $90 Save 31%
$150 $120 Save 20%
Any color$160 $80 Save 50%
Any color$160 $100 Save 38%
Any color$140 $90 Save 36%
Any color$130 $70 Save 46%
Any color$135 $69 Save 49%
Any color$125 $81 Save 35%
Any color$110 $75 Save 32%
Any color$100 $75 Save 25%
Any color$160 $90 Save 44%
$130 $112 Save 14%
Any color$60 $31 Save 48%
Any color$120 $35 Save 71%
$85 $67 Save 21%
Any color$130 $120 Save 8%
Any color$200 $101 Save 50%
Any color$150 $123 Save 18%
Any color$140 $75 Save 46%
Any color$200 $93 Save 54%
Any color$130 $75 Save 42%
$90 $80 Save 11%
Yellow running shoes
What’s in a color?
The yellow color is perhaps the happiest color in the spectrum. Even its palest, lightest rendition evokes a vivid, positive disposition unlike those of other hues. Thus, it is not unexpected that many people associate yellow with positive vibes, and that seeing the color arouses a lighthearted feeling.
As one of the three primary colors, yellow is quite significant, and rightly so – because it is the most discernible color in the spectrum, and the one that the human eye processes first. Historically, yellow is also one of the first colors ever used in arts. Cave paintings dating more than 10,000 years old have been found to use yellow dyes, and Egyptian tombs utilized ochre pigments to represent skin and gold.
Yellow is widely regarded as a symbol of humor, happiness, and harmony. It is also associated with youth, spontaneity, and gentleness. However, the color is also used to represent a few negative abstracts, such as greed, sickness, and cowardice. Nevertheless, it is undeniable that yellow is effective both as an attention-holder and a detail-accentuator, no matter what meaning is attached to the color.
Bright and sunny fashion statements.
Because yellow is bright and versatile, it is no surprise that the color is widely used in the fashion industry in various kinds of objects. To familiarize yourself better with yellow as a wearable color, below are a few particulars and examples about yellow fashion items.
As a clothing item, yellow is used as an expression of warmth. It gives both the wearer and the looker a positive mood, and it could even cheer people up sometimes. Yellow dresses are playful and, often, flirty; these pieces of clothing are both luxurious and romantic. Meanwhile. Yellow shirts are fun and youthful. Wearing a yellow garment is considered almost a bold move because of its bright appearance, in a world where the common clothing pieces are dominated by nude and neutral colors.
Like many other trends, beautifying your outfit with accessories is hit-or-miss. It takes an ardent vision and a certain level of styling skill to be able to find a good match for what you are wearing. When it comes to yellow accessories, these items offer a pop of color to an otherwise dull ensemble. When you manage to find the most suitable yellow accessory for your outfit, it immediately provides dazzle. No matter if it is as slight as a yellow cufflink or a pair of yellow earrings, or as substantial as a pair of yellow sunglasses or a yellow-colored belt; the perfect yellow detail will surely be an eye-candy.
By this point, the concept of yellow as an accent color should already be a welcome idea. If you are fond of making loud fashion statements, a plain, all-yellow sneaker is an excellent choice for your foot. Yellow pumps or heels are a perfect match for bold movers. And, of course, a footwear arsenal wouldn’t be complete without athletic gear – yellow running shoes are the most ideal of the adventurous soul who is always ready for play and always looking for that adrenaline rush.
Yellow as a running shoe color
In the midst of a search for the most ideal yellow running shoes, you might be pondering on which color layout would be a better purchase. On the one hand, an all-yellow running shoe is bold, brave, and youthful. Running shoes of this color style are worn by people who want the excitement and attention associated with yellow. On the other hand, yellow running shoes that are matched with distinct colors are subtle, yet still eye-catching. The combination of hues delivers a visual harmony that is not satiating.
Mellow yellow, sporty-worthy
When it comes to an all-yellow running shoe, it is easy to grasp the concept of being active, sporty, and outdoorsy because of the adventurous and playful vibe given off by the color.
One perfect example would be the Newton Distance Elite. This yellow running shoe is an excellent option for runners looking for a lightweight gear with adequate cushioning, ideal for long distances. As a neutral runner, the Distance Elite offers the perfect arch support while also providing a responsive, lightweight, and efficient ride. It is available in a sunny yellow shade that brings a bright and cheerful vibe.
Another yellow running shoe is the New Balance 1500 v4, a running shoe for overpronators. It has a firm and supportive midsole that is especially useful during fast-paced runs. The 1500 v4 possesses a roomy toe box and a breathable coverage that was well-appreciated by numerous consumers. The shoe is offered in a highlighter-yellow shade, which makes it even more visually distinctive when in a race.
The Nike Free RN 2018 is a yellow running shoe for the road, described by many of its uses as lightweight, flexible, and well-structured. Praises were made about its stylish design, secure fit, and performance. The shoe’s Lemon Wash colorway provides a subtle, happy-looking hue that is not too harsh on the eyes.
Other colors that add detail to yellow running shoes
If you are the sort of runner who prefers a shoe with a color combination, then you might enjoy yellow when paired together with other colors. The unique appearance given off by the yellow color makes it very easily matched with almost every color.
Blue and yellow
Many might not be aware, but blue is the most popular color in the world. In contrast, yellow is the least popular one. Blue symbolizes calmness and serenity, while yellow represents playfulness. Thus, it is a clever concept to pair these two colors that are almost polar opposites when it comes to abstract meanings.
The Salomon XA Elevate is a trail-running shoe that has been commended by various users for its well-structured design and competent features. Its version of a yellow running shoe comes in the Acid Lime/Hawaiian Surf/Black colorway for the men’s version.
Another blue-and-yellow running shoe is the Hoka One One Tracer 2 in the Citrus/Cyan colorway for the men’s version. Designed for neutral pronators, this shoe offers a well-cushioned platform that is perfect for midfoot strikers, as well as an efficient performance brought about by functional components.
The Altra King MT 1.5 is another awesome trail shoe that was noticed by users because of its versatility, protective structure, and stable ride. This yellow running shoe is presented with a combination of a greenish-blue color block at the topmost side, providing a balanced representation of the colors of the outdoors.
Red and yellow
The combination of red and yellow is another smart tandem, as this pairing provides a beautiful representation of the colors of the sunset. The red color also has a warm undertone, bringing a fierce, unwavering look to the wearer of the yellow running shoe.
An example of a red-and-yellow running shoe is the Mizuno Wave Catalyst 2 in men’s Safety Yellow/Red Orange colorway. Qualifying as a daily running shoe, the Wave Catalyst 2 brings a high-quality performance with just the right amount of support. This yellow running shoe offers a flexible and breathable fit and has been appreciated by wearers for the comfort it delivered during running.
Also fitting into the category of the red-and-yellow running shoe is the Newton MV3. Ideal for road-running, this shoe is lightweight and very responsive. It has a zero-drop profile and a minimalist design that gives runners an efficient and natural stride. This yellow running shoe features red-colored details, such as the logo and the outsole.
The Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX is a yellow running shoe that works responsibly on trails and delivers a consistent performance no matter the weather condition, thanks to its Gore-Tex® upper. Although expensive, the shoe has been admired by wearers for its comfortable and secure fit, durable quality, and adaptable structure. As a red-and-yellow running shoe, the Speedcross 4 GTX is offered in the women’s colorway of Lime Green/Virtual Pink/Bird of Paradise.
Silver and yellow
One quite unexpected yet effective color combination is yellow and silver. A probable reason would be that their opposite qualities attract each other. The cold and smooth appearance that silver possesses surprisingly goes well with the warm and lively presence of yellow.
The Hoka One One Clifton 5 offers a substantial and plush cushioning that is comparable to a marshmallow. With the rocker-shaped sole unit of the shoe, users have been able to feel the efficient transition while running in it. The Clifton 5 has also been praised for its design, and with the Yellow/Iron men’s colorway, it is relatively evident why.
The Mizuno Wave Ultima 9 is a running shoe for the road, appreciated by many for its fantastic performance and its comfortable and supportive structure. This silver-and-yellow running shoe delivers a precise fit that is ideal for neutral pronators. Available in the men’s colorway of Safety Yellow/Silver/Black, the Wave Ultima 9 is definitely a running gear that is not only comfortable but also good-looking.
Another silver-and-yellow running shoe is the Asics Gel DS Trainer 23. This shoe is suitable for runners looking for extra stability against overpronation. Most of its wearers admired the Gel DS Trainer 23 for its versatile design, resilience, and functionality. The Safety Yellow/Mid Gray/White colorway of the men’s version displays a bright yellow exterior with subtle silver details in the laces, collar, and overlays.
Yellow running shoes for men
- Asics Dynamis. This stability running shoe is considered exceptional by numerous users because of how it efficiently delivered lightweight support and an adaptive fit, as well as having a breathable upper and a cushioned midsole. The durable structure it presented was also welcomed by many. The Dynamis is offered in the men’s colorway of Safety Yellow/White/Platinum, which is a vivid rendition of yellow accented with black-outlined overlays and a black-colored outsole.
- Reebok Zprint 3D. The Reebok Zprint 3D is a comfortable yellow running shoe that provides a lightweight fit, high-level performance, and a responsive platform. Designed for neutral pronators, the shoe delivers adequate arch support that met the expectations of most of its wearers. The Zprint 3D comes in the Solar Yellow/Black/Riot Red colorway of the men’s version, a sunny-yellow shade with details of black and orange-red in some of the shoe’s structural components.
- Nike Zoom Streak 6. Available in the men’s colorway of Bright Citron/Bright Crimson, this yellow running shoe for the road has been recognized for its lightweight build and versatile performance. Compared to its previous iterations, the Zoom Streak 6 has been said to be more supportive, more stable, and more responsive; many runners have found the shoe useful in long-distance runs.
- Saucony Type A6. A low-drop running shoe, the Saucony Type A6 consists of a light structure, a responsive performance, and minimal yet efficient features, all of which are perfect for race days. The shoe has proven to be useful by athletes, who also praised its durability and affordability, as well as how it encouraged a natural The Type A6 comes in a yellow running shoe version with its Slime Yellow/Black colorway for the men, appearing as bright as highlighter ink with black details in the logo and the linings at the rearfoot area.
- New Balance 990 v4. While it is another shoe for overpronators, the New Balance 990 v4 is also a suitable gear for daily running. Users have described this yellow running shoe as a provider of exceptional comfort, midfoot stability, and durable, long-lasting protection. It has been said that the shoe performed well even in workouts and exercises. The Quake/White colorway of the 990 v4 features a mustard yellow mesh-and-pigskin combination upper supported by a white-gray-black color medley in the sole unit.
Yellow running shoes for women
- Asics Gel Nimbus 20. This yellow running shoe could not stress its yellowness more, with its women’s colorway of Limelight/Limelight/Safety Yellow, a showcase of different shades of yellow: faint-yellow mesh, overlays outlined with bright yellow, and a translucent, sugary-yellow Gel® cushioning. Aside from its cheerful appearance, the Gel Nimbus 20 earns its recognition because it fits accurately and is well-constructed. Many purchasers claimed to have enjoyed wearing this shoe.
- Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 3.0. The Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 3.0 is a shoe ideal for race days, evidenced by its toughness and nimbleness during daily runs. Runners have commended the shoe for its responsive cushioning, arch support, and comfortable materials. The Adizero Adios Boost 3.0 is offered in the Solar Yellow color for women.
- Newton Distance 7. This yellow running shoe is offered in the fun, candy-like shades of the Pink/Yellow colorway. A shoe for triathletes, the Newton Distance 7 has impressed consumers with its lightweight structure, sufficient support, and stable ride.
- Nike Free RN 2018 Wild. Designed for neutral pronators, the Nike Free RN 2018 Wild offers a relaxed cushioning that enables maximum ground contact, placed beneath a breathable and flexible upper. The shoe features a unique printed top made of spandex, which was praised by users to be pleasing to the eye. The Free RN 2018 Wild is exclusive for women, and it is available in two different iterations of yellow: the subtler and minimalistic Desert/Oil Gray/Yellow Ochre and the brighter, more majestic Yellow Ochre/University Gold/Oil Gray.
- Reebok Sublite XT Cushion 2.0. This yellow running shoe has been commended for its comfortable platform, breathable open mesh, convenient features, and affordable price. Wearers have also remarked the shoe’s decent arch support and flexibility. The Reebok Sublite XT Cushion 2.0 is available in the women’s colorway of Solar Yellow/Skull Gray/White, which features the shoe in a bright-yet-minimalist layout with simple details of white in the form of the shoelaces, collar, and outsole.
When are yellow running shoes best used?
Because of its lively and cheery appearance, yellow is almost always associated with happiness and optimism, and wearing such a color invites both the looker and the wearer to a joyful disposition. Although there are no rules in the fashion world, most style-savvy people prefer to wear yellow during bright days, to match the vibe given off by the weather.
Following this concept, you may wear your yellow running shoes during the summer days, or during early morning runs when the sunlight is warm and friendly. Of course, regardless of the weather condition, your yellow running shoes should match the terrain you are running in, as well as the support needed by your midfoot and arch.
Are yellow running shoes hard to find?
Yellow running shoes are a relatively rare product, but only because the market demand for the color is not as much compared to more popular colors, such as black, blue, or red. However, it is not hard to find, as most brands have a running shoe model that is available in a yellow color or a color combination that includes yellow. Chances are, yellow running shoes are manufactured in a lesser number compared to other colors. Thus, if you like them, you have to purchase a pair fast – they might run out fairly quickly.
Which brands carry the best yellow running shoes?
The term “best” is subjective; that is, it all depends on the individual opinions and criteria of each person. When it comes to yellow running shoes, the best one will rely on the qualities you are looking for. Whether you are looking for a yellow running shoe for the road, the trail, for overpronation, for racing, etc., each category has its own characteristic that would make it the “best” in its own right.
Ideally speaking, the best yellow running shoe for your is not brand-specific; instead, it would be the one that matches well with your running style, needs, and expertise.
Will the yellow in my running shoes fade over time?
A considerable number of the running shoes on the market today are intended to be durable, flexible, and long-lasting. Thus, no matter the color, they are made to withstand the stresses associated with the physical activity involved in running. That said, you may expect your yellow running shoes to stay bright, cheery, and yellowy for a long time because they are crafted from materials that are prepared for running adventures.
How can I maintain the quality of my yellow running shoes?
Though you are assured your yellow running shoes are tough and durable, you should also do your part in the upkeep of your shoes. A responsible shoe owner knows how to care for their gear, and to do so, here are some tips:
- Clean your shoes regularly. Yellow running shoes are susceptible to getting dirty because their bright hue makes dust and other elements more visible. No matter the terrain you frequently run in, make sure your shoes get a regular “bath” to keep them clean and therefore prolong its quality. A good scrub using a soft brush, warm water, and minimal soap would be enough to get your shoes back to its sparkly-new appearance. Air-drying is preferred over heat-drying newly-cleaned shoes. Conversely, you may use towels or newspapers as absorbers of excess water in the shoe.
- Store your shoes properly. When you are not using them, it is recommended that you keep your yellow running shoes in a dry place, away from heat. If you would not be wearing them for a long time, keep the shoes in its box or in a covered container that is free from moisture.
- Use your shoes appropriately. A yellow running shoe that is meant for the road would not be able to handle trail conditions, and, therefore, should not be used in such. Ensure that your shoes are utilized for their intended purpose so that they would not break down or wear quickly. Although there are running shoes that are marketed as “rugged” or “versatile,” these should not be abused or used irresponsibly.
Owning and wearing a yellow running shoe is fun and enjoyable. By knowing how to take care of and properly use your pair, you are also making the experience a fulfilling and memorable one.
15 best yellow running shoes
- Hoka One One Clifton 5
- Asics Gel Kayano 24
- Salomon Sonic RA
- Salomon Speedcross 5
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33
- Hoka One One Cavu
- Asics Gel Nimbus 21
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36
- New Balance Fresh Foam Hierro v3
- La Sportiva Bushido
- Hoka One One Clifton 4
- On Cloudsurfer
- Asics Gel Nimbus 20
- Merrell Trail Glove 5
- Asics Gel Nimbus 19
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...